Next generation TIROS lens
    High-impact mineral glass
    Patented heat releasing vents
    Output / runtime
    High, 200 lm, (2.5h)
    Low, 40 lm, (11h)
    Strobe, 200 lm (6h)

Switch operation:
    • momentary - press and hold (for more than 1/2 second); when the button is released the flashlight will turn off
    • high - press and click;
    • low - click twice within 2 seconds
    • strobe - 2 quick clicks from high, low or off.
    • lockout

Lux readings at 1meter:
    High: 7610 lux
    Low: 1619 lux

Carbon fiber body

Inforce 6VX was built of Carbon fiber material that saves weight and withstands rigors of combat.

TIROS lens provides powerful hot spots and balanced peripheral light

Inforce 6VX using the next generation TIROS optic lens, I think the optics is same as the previous 115 lumen version Inforce 6V that I have. I am not sure what kind of LED the 6VX used, seems like lumileds K2 when I tried peek inside through the optics. (please correct me, if I am wrong)

The beam pattern looks like what the Inova said, powerful hot spot and balanced peripheral lighting. Followed are beamshots compared to 115 lumen 6V and Surefire LX2.

Upper row: 5m; bottom row: 10m
    Left to right: Inforce 6V (115 lm)/ 3800 lux, Inforce 6VX (200 lm)/ 7610 lux, SF LX2 (200 lm)/ 9280 lux

Since Inforce 6VX was claimed 200 lumen, it did much brighter than the 115 lumen 6V. With the help of TIROS lens, 6VX generates a strong throw and very useful spills. When compared to SF LX2, the hot spot in LX2 was bigger (5m shots), and LX2 was a bit brighter (either total output or throw) than the Inforce 6VX (10m shots), however, the SF LX2 had been tested that more than 200 lumen, so I think the Inforce 6VX should be around 200 lumen.

Low beam is bright enough for general use

The low beam was claimed 40 lumen, I think this is bright enough for general purpose. Beamshots above is the comparison with Fenix TK-10 (Q5) 60 lumen low beam.

Heat releasing vents

The body including the head was built of carbon fiber material, the heat releasing might be the issue that affects the LED efficiency. Inforce 6VX has patented heat releasing vent to keep the flashlight cool and maximize LED performance.

In the runtime test, as the graph showing above, the high beam can ran and been regulated near 2 hr with using 2 primary cells, this performance is similar to the general metal lights with max beam. I let the light continue running for 10 minutes without held it, and then grabbed the light, the light just warm, not hot, so I think the heat releasing vent did works well. The low beam runtime was around 9.5h with primary cells.

I tried 17670 Li-on in 6VX, but it not works in high beam, only can turn on the low beam.

Multi-function tail cap switch:

The light levels and strobe are controlled by multi-function tailcap switch, when first time I pressed the button to turn the light on, it surprised me, I can’t heard or feel any “click”, it’s so quiet when operate this light, I don’t know whether this is because it’s designed for tactical purpose, but I still use to the “click” that I can feel the feedback of the operation.

Finally, I would say Inforce 6VX is great, it was built with good INOVA quality, light weight and has nice balance of the output, throw ability, and runtime, and I like the multi-functions of high-low-strobe setting, high beam is strong enough and low beam fits the general use, the strobe function can let me feel safer, for in case I need it and very easy to be accessed, so the setting is just right for me.
    I don’t have experience for its tactical use, but Inforce 6VX should be good to be my new EDC light.
    Last edited by Chao; 08-10-2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Correct title
    Welcome to take a look at my beamshots at 5m ,10m distance and lux readings

Flashaholic

Default Re: Inova INFORCE 6VX (200 lumen) review

Nice review

There isn't a lot of info about inforce lights on this forums but looks like the cracks are starting to get filled.

I was thinking of getting one but got a 6P instead; why couldn't you write this review sooner or else i probably would of got this one instead

Thanks, I just find my new backpack light.

Thanks Chao! I have the 6v and was considering the new one..but was not sure. The beamshots do show it is decently brighter.
    "I only smile in the dark...my only comfort is the night gone black..."lyrics from Garbage

Super Moderator

Nice review - it looks as if Inova have come out with something well worth considering. Moving this to the Reviews section.
    Resistance is futile...

Great review!

I made a promised myself that if someday a affordable carbon fiber flashlight is released I should get it, I think this is the time.

Where can I buy this flashlight?

I went to the inforce-mil.com website but they only sell the
    9VX model... And it also shows the 6VX to be 175 lumens not the 200 version.

Thanks.

so far I only saw it available here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJhcxf2SFPc

I got mine from brightguy

Quote Originally Posted by Chao View Post
    I got mine from brightguy
    Thanks, I will order one from them, hope their shipping fee not too much.

Flashaholic*

I'm very interested in what LED this is and what kind of tint it has. Can it take 3.7v RCR123? Anyone know? Also, are the runtimes for real?
    Last edited by Xak; 07-31-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Forgot to mention that, my 6VX has very white tint.

I got to play with the INFORCE lights recently at MattK's SHOT Show party. Nice stuff, wouldn't mind owning me a couple of these...
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Nice review!

Now you've got me wanting to try one. But I think I'll wait until the prices come down a bit. Not that $100 for this light is too much or anything.

Added low beam runtime graph in the #1 post

Do you know if the 6VX can take 2x3.7v?

Quote Originally Posted by richardcpf View Post
    Do you know if the 6VX can take 2x3.7v?
    I have no idea about using 2xRCR123A, and I think I will not try that, sorry

Enlightened

Thanks for the review Chao. Glad to see Inova updating their lights. Looks like a nice optic and beam. Just wish they'd offer a lower level.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have a Inforce 9VX? If so what are your impressions? I saw that it is rated at 250 lumens and is pretty compact for a 3 celled light. There is literally no information on this light anywhere, .

The luminous K2 sure seems to be making a comeback, thought they were discontinued? The new Surefire and Inova lights use them, I thought they'd all be using the XP-G.

I keep getting drawn back to this light for some reason. I too wished it has a lower level, something under 5 lumens would be nice.

I could've sworn that I saw a video on Youtube and they showed this light having quote, "Low, medium, and high levels." I wonder if that was a different version..

Flashaholic*

Does anyone yet know if it can take 2xRCR123 3.7v rechargeables?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Schuey2002 View Post
    I keep getting drawn back to this light for some reason. I too wished it has a lower level, something under 5 lumens would be nice.

I could've sworn that I saw a video on Youtube and they showed this light having quote, "Low, medium, and high levels." I wonder if that was a different version..
    Me too, I keep checking out this review and trying (unsucessfully) to find other reviews on these lights. I think I might sell one of my other lights and try one of these out soon

Anyways I did some research on these lights last night, from my understanding there are three different models, not including the 200 lumen color Inforce lights.

There's the 6VX, which is 200/40 lumens model reviewed here.
    Then there's the 9VX, 250/50 lumens and is a 3 celled light.
    Finally there's the Inforce white which is the 3 level light your talking about, 225/80/11.5 lumens. This is a 2 celled model but is same size as the 9VX (actually .1" longer) and unfortunely cost the most out of the three.

I guess Inova and Inforce and no longer the same company. I read on a forum here that Inova was acquired by Nite ize and are now manufactured in China. The Inforce is now a separate company that is still owned by Emissive Energy and still made in America

I emailed Emissive energy for further clarification about their different models of Inforce lights.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Xak View Post
    Does anyone yet know if it can take 2xRCR123 3.7v rechargeables?
    I don't know but I wouldn't want to try it. I don't think there are enough owners of these lights to get someone crazy enough to try it yet, my guess, .

WOW awesome review.

Quote Originally Posted by civic77 View Post
    Me too, I keep checking out this review and trying (unsucessfully) to find other reviews on these lights. I think I might sell one of my other lights and try one of these out soon

Anyways I did some research on these lights last night, from my understanding there are three different models, not including the 200 lumen color Inforce lights.

Finally there's the Inforce white which is the 3 level light your talking about, 225/80/11.5 lumens. This is a 2 celled model but is same size as the 9VX (actually .1" longer) and unfortunely cost the most out of the three.

I guess Inova and Inforce and no longer the same company. I read on a forum here that Inova was acquired by Nite ize and are now manufactured in China. The Inforce is now a separate company that is still owned by Emissive Energy and still made in America

I emailed Emissive energy for further clarification about their different models of Inforce lights.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

Flashaholic*

That 9VX must have a great runtime with 3xCR123.

I corrected the title, took off the Inova, since they are different company now

Quote Originally Posted by Xak View Post
    I'm very interested in what LED this is and what kind of tint it has. Can it take 3.7v RCR123? Anyone know? Also, are the runtimes for real?
    My fellow member uses 3.0v Rechargeables, and never have any problem. Don't know about 3.7v RCR. Hope this helps.
    Your Life Time is divided into Halves, Days & Nights.

Enlightened

Default Re: INFORCE 6VX (200 lumen) review

The runtime for the Inforce 9VX high level is listed as 3 hours, their quoted runtime for the 6VX is 2.5 hours and tested here, at about 2 hours regulated so I'm guessing the 9VX will run 2.5 hours regulated?? (remember its rated 250 lumens vs. 200 for 6VX).

Unclevit, any idea of the runtime with the 3.0v rechargeables? How does he like the light?

The runtime for the Inforce 9VX high level is listed as 3 hours, their quoted runtime for the 6VX is 2.5 hours and tested here, at about 2 hours regulated so I'm guessing the 9VX will run 2.5 hours regulated?? (remember its rated 250 lumens vs. 200 for 6VX).

Unclevit, any idea of the runtime with the 3.0v rechargeables? How does he like the light?
    One of my people just used the T2-MP a couple nights ago at his checkpoint. He said it took him almost 1.5 hrs to replace the new 3.0v rechargeables. He is using NexTorch's 3.0v Rechargeables at the moment. No idea on the 9VX (need to order one soon, out of my wives' eyes ) runtime with this 3.0v Rechargeables. To us, NexTorch's 3.0v rechargeables (they only have in 3.0v type) are with the same built and performance qualities with AWs we are using too. Don't know after 100+ charges. Honestly, we all fall in love with their T6A & GT6A-S models (powerful xenon bulbs - we need to see more details in woods, home entry, etc. in our military missions) batteries and chargers. Can't afford many pairs of primary 123a everynight
    Your Life Time is divided into Halves, Days & Nights.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by unclevit View Post
    One of my people just used the T2-MP a couple nights ago at his checkpoint. He said it took him almost 1.5 hrs to replace the new 3.0v rechargeables. He is using NexTorch's 3.0v Rechargeables at the moment. No idea on the 9VX (need to order one soon, out of my wives' eyes ) runtime with this 3.0v Rechargeables. To us, NexTorch's 3.0v rechargeables (they only have in 3.0v type) are with the same built and performance qualities with AWs we are using too. Don't know after 100+ charges. Honestly, we all fall in love with their T6A & GT6A-S models (powerful xenon bulbs - we need to see more details in woods, home entry, etc. in our military missions) batteries and chargers. Can't afford many pairs of primary 123a everynight
    Check out the 4Sevens series of Warm tinted lights. They are about the same tint as incan, but are the new XPG LEDs. They should give you all the detail you need. The Neutral tint he offers is a great compromise. They can handle RCR123 3.7v batteries or other rechargeables like the 17670. Some will work with the 18650 body sold separately. Worth a look if you like the tint of incans.

Enlightened

Thanks for the info unclevit. This is the first time I have heard of nextorch but I will have to look into them, the 600mAh capacity for the 3.0V sounds reasonable. Esp. if it has the same quality as AW. I run AW RCR123A in my Surefire LX2 & E2DL's but wouldn't trust the higher voltage in Inova's or single cell Surefires.