New review Inova X5

jtice

Flashaholic
Cone,
Nice Work. I see I'm going to have to catch up soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cones

Enlightened
Yes, you will /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I have a lot more stuff coming from Meridian in the next couple of weeks.
Should get:-
Tigerlight
Inova 24/7
ARC AAA UV
& a CMG Bonfire

I am already amazed at the number of hits I have managed to get in such a short space of time. Makes it worth the effort if people are looking at everything.

Thanks

Mark

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
as usual...great review! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pascotam

Newly Enlightened
I personally think the most wanted feature of a new X5 is a pocket/belt clip.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Wow. Is that a new record? Thread brought back from the dead. Been over 10 years!!!

Actually, this is the 2nd time I've seen that happen on CPF. So, not a record; but a tie.

Would be nice if new members would check the date stamp of the last post in a topic.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a short red X5. It only used one cell, so they installed some sort of a spacer.
and my original white X5 has the BEST threads ever, which the black bodied red X5 does not.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a short red X5. It only used one cell, so they installed some sort of a spacer.
and my original white X5 has the BEST threads ever, which the black bodied red X5 does not.

yeah i have a new dual mode X5, because its simple solid well made and looks cool. except the oring wasnt big enough and the threads were crapy - and let water in !

are you listening nite ize ??

oh and they still do the UV so i wish theyd bring back the red .

Monocrom

Flashaholic
yeah i have a new dual mode X5, because its simple solid well made and looks cool. except the oring wasnt big enough and the threads were crapy - and let water in !

are you listening nite ize ??

oh and they still do the UV so i wish they'd bring back the red .

Not surprising to hear. You'd be better off tracking down a true Original X5, one made by Inova. I bought one of those about 8 years ago. Never had a single issue with it whatsoever.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not surprising to hear. You'd be better off tracking down a true Original X5, one made by Inova. I bought one of those about 8 years ago. Never had a single issue with it whatsoever.

The one with no tail cap ? head tight its off and head loose it's on. The leds have a strong blue tint. My first led flashlight. Bought it off the Snap-on tool Truck.
The later versions of X5 have a tail cap.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The one with no tail cap ? head tight its off and head loose it's on. The leds have a strong blue tint. My first led flashlight. Bought it off the Snap-on tool Truck.
The later versions of X5 have a tail cap.

Sorry, I meant the versions made before Inova's parent company sold the brand to Nite-Ize. My X5 is a 2nd Gen. model.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
which lumen out put would that be ? there was the 56 before the DM and a 30 something before that i think ?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Unfortunately, human eye can't determine 56 vs. 30 lumens.

I bought mine mainly for its runtime anyway.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
The way I see it, no one buys lights like the X5 to use. They buy them for emergency purposes as power outage lighting. I've got a red, a uv, and two white X5's for just that. (Except the uv, which is for fun with GITD stuff and coloring with hi-liter markers with my kids.)

I've never EDC'd one and never intend to. For me, they are well-made insurance for just-in-case scenarios.:cool: