Wierd E2 problem...

bigcozy

Enlightened
This weekend I took a long ride on my Harley up through the mountains. Usually I clip on the E2 or throw a PT Attitude in my fanny pack with all my other gear, this time I took the E2. The E2 was clipped in over 8 hours to my jeans in the pocket. After dark I was looking to see if one of my sprinkler heads had been hit by a mower, and the E2 wouldn't come on. I messed with it a while but nothing. I figured it had come on in my pocket and run the batts out. Next day, new batts, same thing, won't run. I finally deduced it was the head of the light unscrewing itself enough to not make contact, and it keeps happening. I hate to use enough pressure to really screw it in hard (I have used quite a bit), and I don't want to use locktite on it.

Anybody else have this problem? Thoughts?

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
A long ride up through the mountains on a Harley. Wow, now that's the way to spend a weekend--I'm envious!

Regarding the E2, I've had the light "refuse" to go on when the head was slightly loose, too. In my case it happened only a couple of times, and wasn't a major problem. But it's a bit curious, as my E2 gets very little "abuse" in which to work itself loose.

Hmm, I wonder if this characteristic of the E2s?

B@rt

Flashaholic
You could try some Teflon-tape...
rolleyes.gif

a042.gif

btw, I envy you... (but can I exchange the Hog for a Ducati?
icon15.gif
)