• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Kroll switch spare boot availability?

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just realized spare boots are actually available.
Unfortunately, the item is out of stock.
May I know when this item will be restocked again? I'm using Kroll switches more and more frequently and will need a couple of these boots badly.

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
has the kroll switch been dis continiued ?
No, the switch is available from Photofanatic, Flashlightlens.com and some other online dealers, but only the SS carries spare boots

FYI I have at least one switch that needs boot replacement. The textured surface has long been smoothened out after repeated host-in/host-outs, and that's not good......

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The plastic switch mecha holds up very well and needs little conditioning (other than cleaning and lubing the threads). But the rubber boot wears out pretty fast.
BTW changing the boot is a piece of cake.
Not worthwhile to ditch the naked switch mecha just for a new boot.

fyrstormer

Banned
I know the boot is replaceable, I'm just saying you have to remove the whole switch to replace the boot anyway, so why not get a fresh switch while you're at it? They're only $4.50 apiece: http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?cPath=48_42&products_id=65

The boot by itself is only a dollar cheaper than the whole switch, which is probably why the Shoppe doesn't have any in stock; why go through the labor to swap the boot when the labor to swap the whole switch is less? I'm a card-carrying member of the "Repair Don't Replace" fan club, but there are limits to the practicality of repairing small parts.

Btw, if you're using the Kroll switch on a single-mode light, you might want to consider using an IQ switch from Nite-Ize instead; it will give you multiple modes.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The factory quoted us a higher price on the rubber boot than the whole switch making it a no go for ordering just the boots unless there is such demand to actually pay more just for the boot which I think not. The rubber boots were spare when we put the Kroll switch in a different sleeve housing and took the rubber boot off. We have since discontinued the sleeve product and are no longer selling those to generate spare boots. We are looking into alternatives, but, unless we can find a good source and not have to pay a lot of NRE to have them made elsewhere I doubt many spare boots will become available in the near future. Wayne