Best Budget AA LSD?

offroad

Newly Enlightened
What are the best budget AA cells, that compare favorably to eneloops in run time and LSD?

I know about Duraloops but all the white top one's I have found locally, are higher priced than I can mail order eneloops for. Also read that some of the Rayovac pre-charged are good but the local walmart has several different types (platinum etc) so not sure which are best.

Any good candidates from eBay or other reputable on-line sources? Best price I could find for eneloops in the US was amazon.

cckw

Newly Enlightened
What are the best budget AA cells, that compare favorably to eneloops in run time and LSD?

I know about Duraloops but all the white top one's I have found locally, are higher priced than I can mail order eneloops for. Also read that some of the Rayovac pre-charged are good but the local walmart has several different types (platinum etc) so not sure which are best.

Any good candidates from eBay or other reputable on-line sources? Best price I could find for eneloops in the US was amazon.

e-bay is not a reputable source. Do not buy batteries there.

In the big picture Eneloops are the best value. Thomas Distributing has decent pricing on them. in Rayovac, Platinum are the best. But based on their previous products it is not going to hang in the long term like eneloops

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
someone was hoarding AA eneloops and energizers (non-LSD, I think) and selling them pretty cheaply.... He seemed to have disappeared, though.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe when they are on sale? I can get 4 packs of Duraloop for between $7 and $8 at a local drug store when they are on sale. This is the cheapest I've found.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also read that some of the Rayovac pre-charged are good but the local walmart has several different types (platinum etc) so not sure which are best.
Rayovac changed the name of their previous LSD cells (Hybrid) to Platinum.

Either of them are good.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to purchase online, get white top Made in Japan Duracell Pre-Charged. They are rebranded Eneloops, and there doesn't seem to be any fakes of those (unlike Eneloops).

Battery Guy

Enlightened
It seems like with the AA LSD cells, you get what you pay for. With the exception of the Duraloops (made in Japan eneloops rebranded with a Duracell label), I don't think that there are many bargains to be had unless you happen to find a great sale at a local store or online. Plus, the eneloops/Duraloops have a track record of great performance. You will find almost no negative posts on CPF regarding this cell (at least I haven't).

From a performance/price standpoint, you might see if you can find a good deal on the Imedion 2400 mAh cells. I guess you could argue that if they are the same price as the eneloops or Duraloops, the performance/price ratio would be in favor of the Imedion cells (assuming that rated capacity was the key performance criterion). Of course, the downside is that these Imedion 2400 cells are relatively new, and don't have the track record of the eneloops.

Cheers,
BG

ktm032

Newly Enlightened
There are reputable sources on ebay, check seller rating etc.... All-battery.com on ebay is one of the best ones and great prices and warranties. You have scammers and bad quality anywhere everywhere...

Check ebay for tenergy lsd or tenergy r2u aa's and aaa's as they are 30 bucks and they come with free battery cases but only for the aa's. Also check all-battery.com as they more expensive on the site. They offer a little more capacity than eneloops too. Do not get me wrong, I still love eneloops and have a bunch of them but like to have a variety.

The tenergy r2u are 30 bucks for 24 of them and come with cases for all the batteries. Also they have a warranty for the manufacturer and seller. Keep in mind that most of the posts on here are complainers and just are justifying their purchase to be better. This is not a scam or cheap batteries, its just a great deal. Beware of the politicians on here as they are never going to say whats real.

Also if you do a review and submit it to them, this requires you have an account on a forum such as this one. Then write a review on here having more than 40 or so posts and then send it to them. Then at the bare minimum they will send you $30 gift certificate or up to $60, depending on pictures or video and how elaborate you are. I had got a 30buck one and got 24 Tenergy R2U LSD 2300mah aa's and 6 aa cases for 7 bucks shipped with the coupon on their site.

There is a test that has been done recently on here to prove the claim on the tenergy lsd capacity. They work great and use them daily with no complaints.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a while, there were some insane deals on the Rayovac 4.0's. The local Fry's had the 4AA packs for $4.99. Of course, it's six months later now, and they don't even carry them anymore. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple good deals on the Duracell Pre-Charged on Ebay. If they don't specify white top and Made in Japan, I would recommend checking with the seller to make sure you're getting the rebadged Eneloops.

[ebay links deleted - DM51]

(The second link doesn't seem to be Duraloops, these are from the same seller, and the Duraloops are a little more expensive.)

[ebay links deleted - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:
When I buy a price instead of a product I have been unhappy. In my experience the best product will often cost less in the long run. I've bought cheap LSD's and I've bought Eneloops and Duraloops. Some of my half price cheapos only lasted a few cycles before they dropped their runtime. Two cheapos out of the twenty four pack I purchased were DOA.

I have disposed of most of my 24 pack of cheapos because they just didn't do the work that needed to be done.

I have not disposed of ANY Eneloops or Duraloops. They have always done the work that I asked them to do.

Consider visiting the "Good Deals" page on CPFMP at least once a day. You will be rewarded. My last purchase of Duraloops was well under $2 per batt.

offroad

Newly Enlightened
Consider visiting the "Good Deals" page on CPFMP at least once a day.

Thanks for the tip, wonder why I get the following message when I try to go there: "offroad, you do not have permission to access this page."

I'm logged on to the regular forum and the Marketplace but still can't seem to get to the Good Deals page.
No problems getting to the
WTS: Flashlights & Parts forum though so I'm not sure why I can't get to the Good Deals forum.

Last edited:

offroad

Newly Enlightened
You might need to have two posts under your belt in the Market Place forums before you gain access to the "Secret" area.

You are probably correct, I have no posts in the MP forums. Thought my posts here would be enough, but I guess with separate registration the posts would be as well.

Battery Guy

Enlightened
Hi offroad,

This morning I viewed the "Good Deals" page and found out that http://www.shnoop.com/index.php is selling "Made in Japan" (that's important) Duraloop AA's at a $1.83 each. There have been a few better prices in the past but this is pretty good. I've just ordered another 24 batts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks BigusLightus! I just ordered 24 for myself as well!

What an excellent find!

Cheers
BG

offroad

Newly Enlightened
Hi offroad,

This morning I viewed the "Good Deals" page and found out that http://www.shnoop.com/index.php is selling "Made in Japan" (that's important) Duraloop AA's at a $1.83 each.

BigusLightus: Thanks very much for the tip.

Have you ordered from shnoop before?
There resellerratings number is 3.19/10 for the last 6mos and 5.50 lifetime, not very encouraging.

Last edited:

Itchrelief

Newly Enlightened
BigusLightus: Thanks very much for the tip.

Have you ordered from shnoop before?
There resellerratings number is 3.19/10 for the last 6mos and 5.50 lifetime, not very encouraging.

I ordered a previous duraloop pack from schnoop a month ago. The order of 12 arrived as 6 2-packs.

The cells look like duraloops I've bought from local b&m stores, but the wrapper does not say "pre-charged" on them. Item is labeled as AA/HR6/DX1500 NiMH 1,2V/2000mAh. The "copper" colored portion of the wrapper is a bit shorter on the schnoop cells.

Haven't run any tests to be able to tell if they behave like eneloops or not.

Speculation is they may have been cells intended for a non-U.S. market, like Australia or New Zealand (if they're legit).

Battery Guy

Enlightened
I ordered a previous duraloop pack from schnoop a month ago. The order of 12 arrived as 6 2-packs.

The cells look like duraloops I've bought from local b&m stores, but the wrapper does not say "pre-charged" on them. Item is labeled as AA/HR6/DX1500 NiMH 1,2V/2000mAh. The "copper" colored portion of the wrapper is a bit shorter on the schnoop cells.

Haven't run any tests to be able to tell if they behave like eneloops or not.

Speculation is they may have been cells intended for a non-U.S. market, like Australia or New Zealand (if they're legit).

Hmmm....now I wonder if I just spent $35 on counterfeit cells. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see. Should be pretty easy to determine if these are legit when they arrive. I will let you all know.

Cheers,
BG