Miboxer        
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Philips LED bike light

Default Re: Philips LED bike light

Quote Originally Posted by gipsyman View Post

But now we have a USA automotive lighting engineer designing a cut-off beam light similar in looks to the Supernova M99 series.

See this link: http://forums.mtbr.com/lights-night-...n-1055278.html
    Cool! I wasn't aware of that thread (haven't checked MTBR for a while). Nice to see a more sophisticated optical design from a small manufacturer/hobbyist. It will be interesting to see if the project manages to produce a small run of production parts. Seems like there are a lot of tooling expenses and other production headaches that would need to be addressed.

Default Re: Philips LED bike light

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    Cool! I wasn't aware of that thread (haven't checked MTBR for a while). Nice to see a more sophisticated optical design from a small manufacturer/hobbyist. It will be interesting to see if the project manages to produce a small run of production parts. Seems like there are a lot of tooling expenses and other production headaches that would need to be addressed.

It really is a huge undertaking to design and produce a sophisticated product like Outbound Lighting is proposing. The engineer who is running the project works on automotive lights so he has an upper hand on finding parts and suppliers though. He also has the experience to know what designs have already worked well. I hope he succeeds in his endeavor. I was ready to buy a Lupine SL-A but am going to wait now to see his light.

With E-bikes on the horizon as a big cash cow for manufacturers I think cut-off beam lights will finally get a toe hold here in the USA.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567