• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Super Charged SST-50 on Mag 2D

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love super charger, have one on my car :D

The Light for sale is a mag 2D SST-50, Super Charged to 7Amp.
Sleeper mod, Two modes: Dark Silence & OMG I am Blind!

The driver is the last one of this from DIWdriver, specially made for me for 7AMP drive current.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/264687

The Battery are theses 4000mAH 4x 1/2 D cells:
Not available in the US yet, only one seller out of UK has these cells:
http://cgi.ebay.com/4000mAh-1-2-D-N...0271904888?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN

Why 1/2 D cells? Because It allows me to make a light that could out throw the SST-90 on Mag 2D I sold not long ago but with 2x capacity, i.e. 2x the run time. See the prior light here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/278919

Specs:

• Black Mag2D as Host, Deep Rebel SMO as reflector
  • Der Wichtel's new SST-50 heat sink made for Rebel SMO (17 Euro +6 Euro shipping to US, how many $$ is that?)
  • The last one of the DIW high efficiency driver, special made for me @ 7 Amp.
  • Copper disk heat sink for the special driver
  • Mag Rebel Deep SMO reflector delivers intense & small round hot spot with ultimate throw
  • 20AWD Silver coated copper wire in Teflon Sleeve
  • Lead wires was potted through the heat sink holes by JB weld to minimize the possibilty of solder joint failure
  • Extreme Top Bin SST-50 57K, GJ Bin (I only use Top bin)
  • mag D switch resistance Mod
  • mag D switch size reduction mod (The bottom of the D switch was grind down by a few mm, contact replaced with copper plate. The grinding is necessary to fit the 4x 1/2 D cells.)
  • 4x 1/2 D 4000 mAH NIMN delivers 7AMp through the driver,
  • >1,500 lumens (the J bin spec at 5A is >1250 lumens) at LED with Run Time 2x as long as the last one I made
  • Bored Tail Cap to accepts the 1/2 D cell into the tail with Recessed spring mod
  • Down load's Mag Ring II for D Mag (The only way to make the 4x 1/2 D fit) also add layard carry functionality.
  • I am pretty sure this will blow away just about any Mag you may have
SST-50 is No Ordinary LED, The Spercharged SST-50 is no Ordinary SST-50. Combined with Deep Rebel SMO, this will blow away any of your Mag sized reflector light in throw.

The Light is Priced at $195 with the 4 batteries included
or $175 w/o the batteries.
Keep in mind that if you take the 175 option, you'll need to get the 1/2 D cells your self from the link above & cut & grind away the tabs but leave one layer of tab on pos. end to make contact, can not use any other batteries!.

Ship in US preferred: two options:
PP gift/money owned Option will cost $12, includes shipping cost, insurance & delivery conf.
PP regular will cost $19, which includes the above & covers the 4% PP fee.

Ship international are offered at $24 S&H, there'll be no insurances or tracking # & buyer take the shipping/custom risk. Therefore, I only accept Gift/Money Owned option for international shipping. I will provide custom declaration #.

This is like shrinking a Vara2000 3D down to 2D.
Extremely Powerful, only more compact. This has never been done before,
a lot of work have been put into this light to over come many obstacles.

Posting of :takeit: has priority over PM.

img5004v.jpg

dscf7106a.jpg

dscf7112o.jpg

dscf7108.jpg

img5071q.jpg

img5070n.jpg

The mag switch with copper pos. & grind down bottom:
img5007.jpg

img5073wj.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Super Charged SST-50 on Mag 2D

Wow - looks GREAT, almost bought the 5 cree light earlier, love the SST-50, have one that runs at over 5 amps.

If it's here tomorrow.... (which I doubt).
I just cannot buy another light while I've had a few :drunk:

I may even take it later tonight if it still here....

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh man I'm tempted, but I just got a Haiku...

BTW, those 1/2 D cells are available in the US I think:
http://www.batteryjunction.com/0-5-d-cell.html

Just thought that info might help your sale out a little bit.

That would had been too easy, wouldn't it? Those from the battery junction are not High Amp cells.
I know about those cells, they have capacity of 3500mAh, not a biggie, but the max AMP was rated at 3AMP, too low for SST.

The cells I used are 4000mAH, but more importantly, rated for 12 Amp max...

Last edited:

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened

Wow! What a powerhouse of a light. I can only imagine how many hours you have invested in this baby. I would seriously doubt that you are making any money on this light, considering the time it took you to figure everything out. Good Job! :thumbsup:

btw, what kind of car do you have with a supercharger?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow! What a powerhouse of a light. I can only imagine how many hours you have invested in this baby. I would seriously doubt that you are making any money on this light, considering the time it took you to figure everything out. Good Job! :thumbsup:

btw, what kind of car do you have with a supercharger?

Thanks man, you are right about the hrs part, I probably makes about 50 cents/hr if I am looking at this as a "job",
I'd be much better off working at McDonalds :crackup:

I hope the mods doesn't mind me posting a few pictures of my "baby" here since you asked, It's Infiniti G35, the all wheel drive version, mated with a HKS Rotrex Super Charger, Transmission Valve body upgrade for faster shifting, Super light Wilwood big brakes & Stillen stainless exhaust system. The car in stock was doing 14.8 in the quarter mile, I brought it down to 13.2 for the quarter mile & 0-60 in 4.5" at the track, the best recorded time with my track calibrated G-meter was 12.9":p

807724_189_full.jpg

807724_67_full.jpg

8077240176_large.jpg

8077240194_large.jpg

807724_177_full.jpg

Last edited:

jaybiz32

Enlightened

What6 do you charge the cells with?

sprinter313

Newly Enlightened

Love the Nissan, pity we dont get them in Australia !!
Get some of those leds in the lights !!!

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

What6 do you charge the cells with?

I use two cheap ebay All-in-one chargers to charge them
(one for each battery) so I charge two at a time.

I also use it to charge Li-ion or IMR,
They automatically know what battery is in it & charge accordingly.

I have three of this chargers, the first one I got has seen heavy use for a yr now, haven't gave my any problems.

example here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Charger-All-One...85802905?pt=AU_Electronics_Batteries_Chargers

It's got spring loaded contacts, so can charge pretty much any sized cells up to 26650 IMR.

The 1/2 D battery has flat top, so a small magnet or a nut is needed to make pos. contact.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast

another excellent light. :thumbsup:

how many lumens is dark silence approx?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was joking, Dark silence was refering to the off position :)

rebelbayou

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pics of the car, Ma. Very, very nice! Very impressive quarter mile times also. Most people have never even ridden in a low 13-second car. That's fast, and it's a 4-door! What a sleeper.....

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pics of the car, Ma. Very, very nice! Very impressive quarter mile times also. Most people have never even ridden in a low 13-second car. That's fast, and it's a 4-door! What a sleeper.....

Thanks, I do like to take risks, but only calculated risks. I've read many post on G35drivers.com, where guys blew his motor or transmission with either SC or Turbo, usually because they don't do enough homework & don't know when to stop, it's just a matter of time, until one day :poof:. I had to fight the urge on taking it further, after reading all the reports of blown engine, to stay where I believe is the "safe zone". It's my daily driver after all, not a spare car. It's been 4 years & over 30,000 miles after the SC install, not a problem yet, knock on wood. :devil:

Same logic with the Supercharged SST-50, I've taken the SST-50 up to 8.5 Amp (Not this led, another test LED that I mounted to another similar sized heat sink), seeing where the hint of angry blue starts to emerge, knowing where the limit is, then back out a bit & settle down at 7A, where I consider it to be the supercharged SST-50 "safe zone". The least I want to hear is that buyer :poof:ed the flashlight because my design have pushed it too far, Knock on wood :D

Last edited: