• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Withdrawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Withdrawn.
I believe this Tri-V needs a visit to the shop for repair, so I am selling this at a loss and in as-is condition.

I purchased and received this light yesterday. It is serial number 04-45. The seller is concerned and is trying to help me get it fixed, but I don't have the patience for all the shipping around, plus it distracts me from working on things I need be working on. I don't believe I was sold a defective light at all and it's not fair to ask him to take it back when a working light arrived. The flood looked dim which is normal at setting one, but I wanted to be sure so I did a reset and when I did, the flood doesn't want to work for me at all now, so in this respect it isn't the seller's fault.

I've done a reset at setting 3, but I cannot get the flood light to work. I've installed fresh batteries, still the same after factory reset. The flood area gets warm at the area where it should be illuminating.

At click 1 there is a flash and then the flood immediately turns off.
At clicks two, three and four the three levels of the XPG work perfectly.
At click 5 the flood flicks on then immediately goes off.
At click six the spot light works perfectly.

Asking $1950 net to me, plus I ask that you pay postage to US only. I will charge exact postage, no handling fee, or you can send me a prepaid label of your preferred shipper. You will have to arrange for a repair through Dave unless you know how to fix it.

4893297895_8aacf2a198_b.jpg

4893297777_bf53ba2474_b.jpg

4893891400_50d1785892_b.jpg

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For Sale: Tri-V ***$1950***

Handsome light !

& Good luck with your sales, Lisa. :)

Tri-V showing up quite often.

1wrx7

Enlightened
Re: On hold: Tri-V ***$1950***

I know financially speaking I've had buyers remorse from my Tri-V. That's only because I'm now broke and trying hard to remedy my bank account...working as much overtime as I can now. The Tri-V is well worth it though and I can't see selling mine:whistle: I'm sure Dave will take very good care of you Lisa. I'd hate to see you miss out on probaly the most inovative light we've seen on CPF. I know most of my other prized light's have gone to the shelf after obtaining the perfection... or close to it... of the Tri-V.

I'm sure someone will buy it from you though.... only Dave knows if/when he might make more of these jems. I feel very lucky to have bought one when I could. You might regret selling this one...YMMV:D

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

:sigh: Sorry to hear about your issues. I was hot to trot to get one but maybe I'll stick with the tried and true 007 and spend some $ on getting it modded. Good Luck! :mecry:I think Scott (Tranquillity_Base) needs this one and he sure can come up with some good trade options! He's A+++ as good as they come!

Last edited:

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Withdrawn: Tri-V ***$1950***

Lisa
I know this puts a bad tastes in you mouth on such an expensive light.
IMHO, you are taking the correct route in trying to get this fixes yourself first. Then re-evaluate the light before posting it.
Best of luck.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think the best route here Lisa is a PM to the man himself, Data.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

I understand Dave is just back from a well-deserved vacation. I'm sure he'll be in touch soon!:thumbsup:

Karl

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are correct, just heard from the man himself and he's going to make her good as new! :party:
Imagine my delight - happy dance!
I've informed the seller that his offer to refund is not necessary.

Happy ending. :wave:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yaaay!!!:party:

Good Job, Lisa!! Glad to hear you decided to keep it and have Data make it right for you.

I actually considered buying it from you :aaa: but I was kind of glad when you changed your mind! Plus, I would have REALLY hurt myself if I did.:broke:

Good luck with the repairs.:)

Last edited:

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast

Fantastic!! Two of the best - Lisa and Dave - and one of the best lights - the Tri-V - all working out.

That's terrific! Congratulations

easilyled

Flashaholic

Pleased to hear that it's worked out ok for all concerned.
I had no doubt that it would though. :thumbsup:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: For SALE: Tri-V ***$1950***

I have shipped my Tri-V to Tri-V to Data.

I really want to collect some McLux III flashlights, so I have to sell this one.
I'll notify Dave to send it directly to you once he has done his spa treatment on it. So it will be an as new light for you. :party:

I'd like $1950 net to me.
Thank you.
US sales at this time.

Lisa

TrinityA

Newly Enlightened
Re: Now For SALE: Tri-V ***$1950***

I'll take it, if you'll sell to a newbie

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Now For SALE: Tri-V ***$1950***

If I sell some camera gear on another website, I will withdraw this sale.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.