BlackShadow
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots-

Unenlightened

Default Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots

Hi,

First, I want to tell you : GREAT JOB for your flashlight !
    I want to creat a frontale light for fishing the night and I saw your wonderful light !
    I have some question :
    - I thingh use a emitter LED long time will heat the light very quickly ? --> How many time can you touch your light when it is cold.(to put on head if it's possible...)
    - how many times can you use your light in continue with your batterie ?
    - you must stop flashlight a long time after use because aluminium must be too hot (I think). So, how many time you must stop to refresh flashlight ?

Many Thanks,

Stéphan

There is no reason to quote in it's entirety the opening post, quote deleted - Norm
    Last edited by Norm; 08-22-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Default Re: "Fat Star" Octa 8x SST-90 Colossus Led Flashlight @ 18.000 lumens -more beamshots

Quote Originally Posted by stephdudu View Post
    Hi,

First, I want to tell you : GREAT JOB for your flashlight !
    I want to creat a frontale light for fishing the night and I saw your wonderful light !
    I have some question :
    - I thingh use a emitter LED long time will heat the light very quickly ? --> How many time can you touch your light when it is cold.(to put on head if it's possible...)
    - how many times can you use your light in continue with your batterie ?
    - you must stop flashlight a long time after use because aluminium must be too hot (I think). So, how many time you must stop to refresh flashlight ?

Many Thanks,

Stéphan

Hello Stephan,

thank you for nice words- nice to see, that you are impressed by the pics.. but sorry, this light is may way too bright from my view for fishing or anything else to point at anything living- it has just been made to be bright-nothing else & no serious use for nothing..
    thanks & best regards,
    Steffen.

There is no reason to quote in it's entirety the opening post, quote deleted - Norm

What happened to all the images (especially the astounding beamshots) from the initial posting (on page 1 of this thread)?!?
    Is there an alternate source?!?
    Thank you!

Thanks for informing me- the pics still should be visible in thread- all my other threads work and these pictures are hosted at the same place.
    I have no idea, may something crashed in the first post- anyone experienced with this problem and can help to solve it?
    Thanks,
    Steffen

"Edit: in first post pictures have been relinked, should work now...."

Last edited by overdog; 01-11-2013 at 02:26 AM.

...thanks for 70.000 views!
    best regards,
    Steffen

...has anyone an idea, where the Luminous SST-90 GP-binning emitter is available?
    Thanks,
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by overdog View Post
    ...has anyone an idea, where the Luminous SST-90 GP-binning emitter is available?
    Thanks,
    Steffen
    Does this bin exist at all?!?
    I can't find it in the specs: http://www.luminus.com/products/Lumi...ngLabeling.pdf
    (Via http://www.luminus.com/products/white.html)

Otherwise, have you tried http://www.mouser.com/Luminus-Device...usfj?P=1yzu5p9 ?
    (Via http://www.mouser.com/Optoelectronic...ite/_/N-8usfj/)

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LarsB View Post
    Hi Lars,
    tried mouser may 4 or 5 months ago, item was listed but out of stock- you are right, the emitter is not to find anywhere anymore, but:
    http://flashlightwiki.com/Luminus
    and see this flashlight from a serious seller:
    http://www.amazon.com/Eagletac-Rechargeable-Charger-Adapter-included/dp/B00AFCG0RK

????

Hi Steffen,
    the problem is that only very few bins will actually make it to the consumer market level and will be sold as retail.
    The vast majority of bins will only be sold in huge quantities to enterprises and MAYBE to some wholesalers.
    LarsB

...as time goes on- received this: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S022075 and added it to a mag 4d, performed by 4x 1D battery- got about 10 amps at tailcap.... bright!

Quote Originally Posted by LarsB View Post
    Hi Steffen,
    the problem is that only very few bins will actually make it to the consumer market level and will be sold as retail.
    The vast majority of bins will only be sold in huge quantities to enterprises and MAYBE to some wholesalers.
    LarsB

Sorry for late reply and no answering to my mailbox...
    To some requests: I will not rebuilt this light.
    Videos on youtube are not available any more, sorry.

best regards,
    Steffen

..thanks for lots of mails to advice me of that all the pics of my other sst-90 buids in CPF-threads are not visible any more..
    I only could save the ones in this thread, all others are lost, picture host changed something and I am not able to recover them at this time..
    Question: anyone has an opportunity to offer a modamag colossus in complete - I have some new ideas... please pm me...
    best regards,
    steffen