• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Rush Modded Surefire L4 Ostar 6-die 15+ W (SOLD)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased this light about 1-2 months ago. I am very happy with it's performance but it's just not a light which I will be able to use in a practical manner. It is very floody and I prefer a light with more a central spot.

I was purchased from the thread here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/279041

A yellow trit was installed in the handle and I will include 2x IMR16340 cells for a CONUS purchase. No cells included for international.

I need the funds at the moment and realize the original price was a bit on the high side for the mod. Looking to sell at $300 now $290 (SOLD) gift shipped 1st class with DC - for CC or purchase option add 4% for fees.

What I can say about this light is through conversations with Rush during the purchase the Ostar is not the tint bin as listed but is a slightly warmer, yet unknown, tint bin. I would say the color of the tint in the pictures in the link are pretty accurate (I think it is showing a bit green because the wall and door in the pictures are painted a light green).

On high the light does get very hot fast but the thermal shutdown does work properly and will prevenet an overheat. I find there is not too much difference between Low and Med - at 2 and 4 Watts drive, respectively, there is not going to be much output difference from an LED IMO and since it is floody it's hard to tell. But on High - WOW - what a wall of light!

For any collector out there looking for what will be a very unique Surefire mod to a long time to come - then this is for you.

As usual - first posted "I'll take it" wins.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Re: WTS: Rush Modded Surefire L4 Ostar 6-die 15+ W (PRICE DROP)

WOW thats really cheap for a really perfect mod!!!:D

Someone needs to buy this please...

This is a clean mod, similar mods from Mike Jordan where much more expensive.:wave:

dcaprilia

Enlightened

Ill take it as per PM. Thanks

Paypal sent

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW thats really cheap for a really perfect mod!!!:D

Someone needs to buy this please...

This is a clean mod, similar mods from Mike Jordan where much more expensive.:wave:

The mod is very clean, very well done, and performs as expected.

Ill take it as per PM. Thanks

You got it.

The light is SPF.