Huangao All in one Charger [ HG-1210W ]

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

Huangao All in one Charger [ HG-1210W ]

Im looking at the Huangao all in one charger , and as the tittle suggests it can almost do it all .. 3v and 3.6v as well as 1.5v cells .
Its rated 800mA charge current , but thank goodness the actual charge current is only half that [ 400mA ] . When testing the charger this particular sample was noisy to say the least , making all sorts of noises , you would actually think it was a mechanical charger rather than electronic :poke:

Well Im glad to report it works , it can and will charge AA's , the bad news is it does it , I would guess the same as the WF-139 , whereby it stops every second or so to check the battery and then continues , making for what we call pulse charging . With a AA @ 1v I detected a pulse between 200mA and 400mA , and this is probably just the charger stopping and re starting as it goes along ..

With the battery @ 1.26v I detected a charge voltage of 1.33v and a voltage of 1.44v in the unused bay . With the battery @ 1.37v I detected a charge voltage of 1.42v , and a voltage of 1.5v in the empty bay .
The blinking light went fully green around 1.4v and I left the battery in there till it hit 1.46v [ Sorry , wasnt set up to measure current at this time ]

With the battery @ 3.53v charge current was 440mA , charge voltage was 3.58v and the empty bay was 3.66v
@ 3.71v charge current was 400mA
@ 3.91v charge current was 380mA
@ 4.05v charge current was 200mA
@ 4.12v charge current was 100mA , charge voltage was 4.13v , and the empty bay was 4.15v
@ 4.15v charge current was 80mA , \
@ 4.22v charge current was 15mA . charge voltage was 4.22v and the empty bay was 4.23v .
I did not detect any sort of pulsing when charging the 18650

Conclusion

This is not a dual channel charger , this charger does not terminate charging , but continues to charge the battery and overcharging is inevitably possible .
The charger was for some reason noisy ?
It will accept 12v input , charges a number of cells , the little blinking light goes green long before max voltage is reached , around 4.14-4.16v with the 18650 , but trying for 4.2v may be problematic . Seems to handle 1.5v rechargeable's well , ? [ pulse charging ] .
The charger is available from a lot of sources , and is some what inexpensive , and wont break the bank . So if you need a charger that can do Li-ion + AA's [ 1.5v ] and run from a 12v source .

Bottom line , the charger requires monitoring , it is not a safe charger , it is in fact a very cheap charger that is capable of doing the job , but requires close supervision . If used carefully , this could be a valuable tool , if used carelessly , buyer beware !

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job, old. :thumbsup: Sounds like the HG-103W9V has a big brother!

Not too bad, but the fact that it trickle charges with Li-Ion cells isn't good. Still, it doesn't beat the cell to death like a WF/UF-139, but then the 139 doesn't trickle charge (at least one of the versions doesn't). As long as one stops the charge after completion, I'd go with this one between the two. Considering safety however, the 139 is better...... maybe, as long as you always charge new cells, and you have one that actually terminates charge.:crackup:

Pulse charging NiMH/NiCd cells doesn't hurt anything, it's just that it doesn't really do anything either, except save some construction costs. The charge rate for AA/AAA isn't too bad either.

I still use my HG-103W9V once in a while. It's slow and you do have to remove the cell when the LED goes green, but it's so small you can take it anywhere and seems to be well built. I imagine the HG-1210W is similar and exhibits similar versatility, as well.

Dave

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job, old. :thumbsup: Sounds like the HG-103W9V has a big brother!

Not too bad, but the fact that it trickle charges with Li-Ion cells isn't good. Still, it doesn't beat the cell to death like a WF/UF-139, but then the 139 doesn't trickle charge (at least one of the versions doesn't). As long as one stops the charge after completion, I'd go with this one between the two. Considering safety however, the 139 is better...... maybe, as long as you always charge new cells, and you have one that actually terminates charge.:crackup:

Pulse charging NiMH/NiCd cells doesn't hurt anything, it's just that it doesn't really do anything either, except save some construction costs. The charge rate for AA/AAA isn't too bad either.

I still use my HG-103W9V once in a while. It's slow and you do have to remove the cell when the LED goes green, but it's so small you can take it anywhere and seems to be well built. I imagine the HG-1210W is similar and exhibits similar versatility, as well.

Dave

I will be testing that one next actually ... :ohgeez:
I also found a new 2 x 18650 charger , I ordered it yesterday . :broke:
Will have to ease off on buying stuff for a while me thinks . Just need a few XP-G emitters for a project , and then take it easy for a few months .

:oops: