SunwayLED
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Quark Moonlight Runtime Test

Default Re: Quark Moonlight Runtime Test

Hey 4sevens, you should put a place on your website for input "real world tests" where you could quote runtimes for it with the different cells!

Quote Originally Posted by wantsusa View Post
    Hey 4sevens, you should put a place on your website for input "real world tests" where you could quote runtimes for it with the different cells!
    Nah I wouldn't do that. Even with seemingly identical equipment, you'll still get varying results - even the different batches of brand name cells will vary.

This is what CPF is for - real world tests...
    and for every test result or factoid, add 20 different opinions

So sticky a 4sevens runtime thread in your forum where we can always see CPF testimonial (flashlight : LED : runtime : battery : CPF member name)

Then us CPFers don't have to do so much searching in the future for figuring out what is best based off of runtime!

So sticky a 4sevens runtime thread in your forum where we can always see CPF testimonial (flashlight : LED : runtime : battery : CPF member name)

Then us CPFers don't have to do so much searching in the future for figuring out what is best based off of runtime!
    If someone wants to volunteer to organize and maintain one, I'm totally fine with stickying it.

I've just started a moon mode run time test on a SAFT 3.6v 14500 Li-SOCL2 2600mah primary on the same Quark AA (XP-E R2) that got 300+hrs on an Eneloop.

I tested current draw at the beginning - 1ma. Do the maths :-)
    Fenix TA30, Quark 1232 Ti, Quark AA2, Quark 1232 Turbo, MiNi AA NW, MiNi CR2, ITP A3 EOS, MG PLI, MG L-Mini II, Romisen RC-N3 II, Romisen RC-A4 II, Akoray K-106 (x2), Akoray K-109.

Quote Originally Posted by amigafan2003 View Post
    Am I doing the math right? 2600/24=108.333?

Well going to start a little thread with the 4Seven lights and the info from these tests (and mini tests) - Darvis, Amigafan, Mitro, I am taking the info from this and putting it in there. Everyone else if you see other places with more testimonial/run time tests for 4seven lights, point them out to me so I can add stuff to it! I think it will be great to have at least all the 4seven light information in one place.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...00#post2544500

take a look at the format and if you have any suggestions lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by wyager View Post
    Am I doing the math right? 2600/24=108.333?
    Yes, if you want the theoretical runtime in days.

Amigafan2003: are you seriously going to see that through? pretty long time without being able to use that light on anything else than moon mode

I've just started a moon mode run time test on a SAFT 3.6v 14500 Li-SOCL2 2600mah primary on the same Quark AA (XP-E R2) that got 300+hrs on an Eneloop.

Whoa!!!! Do these charge in the Pila IBC charger... does anyone know? If so, I am gonna have to get me some!!! My Eneloops are already charged via my powerfilm solar charger most of the time, and I just got a 10w panel that will power the IBC and the Lacrosse. I want to be fully mobile if needed...

These and that L91 test are going to be amazing! BTW, the Fenix diffusers work on the Quarks if you wrestle them on... (just checked) They make for decent low level candle-lights in moon mode. Tea lights? Fugeddaboutit...
    Last edited by Darvis; 09-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Flashaholic*

What is this battery you are talking about? I have never heard of that before. I am sure others want to know as well.

Flashaholic*

If you're taking tail cap current readings, could you do all of the modes (moon, low, medium, high, max)?

--flatline

Sounds to me that it is a primary cell (think I found a website about $5 each) so not sure if Amigafan has/wants to do a lot of tests (and probably could only do moon and low right? sounds as if this type of battery can't take barely any current output). Sounds like it is made really for micro amp current.

from a website I see :
    "The LS14500 cell is designed specifically for long-term (3 to 15 years) applications, featuring a few UA based currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range. "

Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    If you're taking tail cap current readings, could you do all of the modes (moon, low, medium, high, max)?

--flatline
    Last edited by wantsusa; 09-06-2010 at 05:42 PM.

Flashaholic*

Sounds to me that it is a primary cell (think I found a website about $5 each) so not sure if Amigafan has/wants to do a lot of tests (and probably could only do moon and low right? sounds as if this type of battery can't take barely any current output). Sounds like it is made really for micro amp current.

from a website I see :
    "The LS14500 cell is designed specifically for long-term (3 to 15 years) applications, featuring a few UA based currents and periodic pulses, typically in the 5-150 mA range. "
    The reason I asked is that when playing with ER14505 cells which are supposed to be able to handle sustained currents up to 100mA, I could run moon-mode indefinitely, but nothing higher for more than a second or two, not even low mode. So I assumed that low mode had more than a 100mA draw at the tail...but sadly, I never confirmed that with a multi-meter.

--flatline

I guess my earlier post was a victim of the database debacle.

Anyway, as I said before I feel silly reporting this but....

Quark MiNi AA: 41hrs it was still on, at 46 hrs it was dead.

D10 GDP: 68hrs it was still on, at 73 hrs it was dead.

Both lights died while I slept.

I did get better results in the Qmini from the KS alkie (5 hrs). Still disapointed.

I am happy with the D10. Compared to most lights it did very well....but not against the Quark AA.

OK that's done so............GO QUARK AA!!!!

(I can't remember how I worded my original post but this is pretty close.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zendude View Post
    Both lights died while I slept.

I did get better results in the Qmini from the KS alkie (5 hrs). Still disapointed.
    ...and I said that sleeping is overrated

Quark now at 419 hours continuous, no changes, no flickering, nada... still going.

Quote Originally Posted by Darvis View Post
    Quark now at 419 hours continuous, no changes, no flickering, nada... still going.
    61 hours to go until we get 200% rated runtime.

I feel like I'm re-inventing the wheel.

264 hrs. on the Eneloop. Still flickering slightly.

EDIT: Scratch that. I clicked it on and off again and it wouldn't come back on.

Eneloop pronounced dead at 264 hours. Ending voltage was .91v 60 seconds after last light. Previous break-in of this cell reported 1943 mAh capacity. I am running the cell though another break-in cycle to get a more recent test of the capacity. This cell is about the midrange of my Eneloop/Duraloops.

I've decided to move on to test low with an AW 14500. Still trying to figure out my methodology on the best way to preserve the battery. I'm probably going to pull it and test it at regular intervals and just stop when it gets sub 3v (In case the protection doesn't kick in).
    Last edited by mitro; 09-06-2010 at 10:11 PM.

I had to terminate my L91 test today. My son asked me for a flashlight to take with him on a trip to Spain and that was the best one to give him. Sorry. I can restart on one of my Ti AA's. I think they are R5 bin, but I'm not positive.

Amigafan2003: are you seriously going to see that through? pretty long time without being able to use that light on anything else than moon mode
    Plenty of other flashlights to use, inc a Ti AA :-)

Whoa!!!! Do these charge in the Pila IBC charger
    No, they are primaries.

The reason I asked is that when playing with ER14505 cells which are supposed to be able to handle sustained currents up to 100mA, I could run moon-mode indefinitely, but nothing higher for more than a second or two, not even low mode. So I assumed that low mode had more than a 100mA draw at the tail...but sadly, I never confirmed that with a multi-meter.
    Measured tailcap current was 1ma on moon, 11ma on low and 55ma on med - so the SAFT 14500 should be able to do those three modes without issue.
    Last edited by amigafan2003; 09-07-2010 at 03:18 AM.
    Fenix TA30, Quark 1232 Ti, Quark AA2, Quark 1232 Turbo, MiNi AA NW, MiNi CR2, ITP A3 EOS, MG PLI, MG L-Mini II, Romisen RC-N3 II, Romisen RC-A4 II, Akoray K-106 (x2), Akoray K-109.

Flashaholic*

Measured tailcap current was 1ma on moon, 11ma on low and 55ma on med - so the SAFT 14500 should be able to do those three modes without issue.
    Hmm...I may need to try the ER14505 again in my QAA. At those currents, it should have been able to support modes higher than just Moon...

--flatline

The Quark has passed 432 hours (18 days continuous) with no changes to report.

The Quark is at 442 hours with no changes to report. In two hours, it will be at 444 hours, or as some may say...

444: Sign of the Quark
    Last edited by Darvis; 09-07-2010 at 08:04 PM.

The Quark is at 442 hours with no changes to report. In two hours, it will be at 444 hours, or as some may say...

444: Sign of the Quark
    SO close to 480 hours... come on, you can make it!

(I never thought I would be cheering on a flashlight )

Well going to start a little thread with the 4Seven lights and the info from these tests (and mini tests) - Darvis, Amigafan, Mitro, I am taking the info from this and putting it in there. Everyone else if you see other places with more testimonial/run time tests for 4seven lights, point them out to me so I can add stuff to it! I think it will be great to have at least all the 4seven light information in one place.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...00#post2544500

take a look at the format and if you have any suggestions lemme know!
    Just had a look at this, really well done!

Thanks, it's just leg work really.

Plus every time I update it...it makes me want to get more flashlights!

Just had a look at this, really well done!

Wow I forgot about this thread way back before it was at 100 hours or so. 400+ hours is remarkable. Like Darvis said, this circuit with a AAA would still get over 100 hours on a similar low lumen light. Let us now pray the E01 killer will have a super long runtime. haha

Sure but why do AAA when there is AA and it's not that much bigger?

Quote Originally Posted by guiri View Post
    Sure but why do AAA when there is AA and it's not that much bigger?
    Because one can

As good a reason as any..