Cree 12v Q5 DIY with heatsink from ebay question.

zzonbi

Newly Enlightened
Yes. I like the cooler; seems to come with a snap on lens kit.

acezone

Newly Enlightened
just read though the listing and it says in the description
Input Voltage: 6VDC - 24VDC / 10AVC-16VAC

so will be fine to use in a car

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a 12v MR16 DX board and they have been known to throw off a lot of feedback noise. People report loosing radio signal with the lights on.
Similarly I have 2 DX P60 Dropins for taillights and while in reverse I loose my radio signal. Only while the lights are on there is total static on a strong station.
Maybe a filter capacitor across the input could help this? Not sure.

uk_caver

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a 12v MR16 DX board and they have been known to throw off a lot of feedback noise. People report loosing radio signal with the lights on.
Similarly I have 2 DX P60 Dropins for taillights and while in reverse I loose my radio signal. Only while the lights are on there is total static on a strong station.
Maybe a filter capacitor across the input could help this? Not sure.
Filtering output and input, possibly with a combination of sizes of capacitor might well help that.

Maybe some kind of choke in series with the input would also help?

At least one upside of having consistent widespread interference is that it's fairly easy to see if what you try and do is actually making a difference.

I guess in a vehicle, one problem interference-wise is that positive and negative supply travel by different routes, rather than being in nice parallel or twisted-pair cables.