Fiance left but it resulted in my FIRST TWO CUSTOMS!

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So its kinda old news, my fiance left me several months ago. I went through the being upset phase and Im unemployed so I have been wallowing in quite a pity party for a bit. :(:party::(

She gave me the diamond ring back and I tried to sell it everywhere for a decent price but pawn shops and gold shops would only give me pocket change for it. So I listed it on craigslist and there it sat for a few months. Well I finally got a buyer for it and sold it for a few thousand dollars! It was still about $1000 short of what I paid but it was the cash flow I needed.

Of course then I decided that a new flashlight would help cheer me up when I ran into the "Iris" by Delghi. What an Italian beauty! I couldnt pass it up, so I ordered it and got confirmation it shipped this morning. Im so excited this will be my first true custom! Now I just have to wait on the mailman.:thumbsup:

I ordered the orange one as orange is hot and the XP-G with the CR123 body and Ti bezel:

Picture courtesy of Delghi

web.jpg

I feel better already!! By the way, anybody have a Titanium Ra CLicky?:devil:

Last edited:

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fiance left but it resulted in my first custom!

Congratulations on the new addition! :)

Hey, if she can't commit to you then you know what kind of girl she was and you're much better off. Every guy has been there and though it hurts at first, in the long run you're much better off once she's in your rear view mirror.

Plus, now you can buy stuff like lights that she would have absolutely despised! :) Hehe, I do that every time that a girl has left me! Once I bought a whole new stereo system and once I bought a new watch as gifts for myself after having endured what some girls put me through.

I call it the "breakup self-gifting step" and an important the part of every guy's healing. :)

The strange thing is that my current girlfriend doesn't mind at all when I buy/build new lights and in fact she plays with them too from time to time. I've never experienced that before.

iacchus

Enlightened

Good lord, that torch is sexy! Never seen one of those before. Nice color.
Congratulations! Give us a review thread or something when you get it and put it through a few paces.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

Good lord, that torch is sexy! Never seen one of those before. Nice color.
Congratulations! Give us a review thread or something when you get it and put it through a few paces.

Sexy indeed! :naughty: I agree, the color is nice. There arent really any review threads that I could find on this torch, just the discontinued pre-order threads. I will definitely put it through some paces and try to write a decent review on it.

Im stoked!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to see its not me with this "breakup self-gifting step" :crackup:

Oh yeah, and the "breakup self-gifting step" of the healing process works much better if you buy something that she absolutely despised. The more she hated the item, the better it will be as a "breakup self-gift!"

Shoot, I *seriously* considered buying myself a 2006 or 2007 Subaru WRX STi when my last girlfriend called it quits. She could not stand those cars when I test drove a couple used ones when we were still together, but I loved them. Unfortunately, I got laid off so such a purchase was out of the question but one day I'll own one.

My stereo system and my watch were things that past girls in my life *really* hated. Thus, I bought them and they both were very good purchases that are still working well long after those two girls split! :)

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast

StarHalo:

:crackup: :laughing: :D :grin2: :clap: :twothumbs

Bierkameel

Newly Enlightened

Cool light!
Women can't show you the way in the dark, this light does :rolleyes:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad to see its not just me with this "breakup self-gifting step" :crackup:

:crackup::crackup::crackup: +1

I was laid-off from work within a couple of weeks of breaking up as well.
My former employers did give me severance pay which I used to buy a
Ra Clicky and a Sebenza :D

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast

Captain,

You realize, I hope, that you MUST post a review of the Iris once it arrives.

I've been lusting after an Iris since it was first posted. And yes, that Orange is quite sexy, in a manly-light sort of way, yes it is....

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

+100 ! :crackup: :crackup:

Captain,

You realize, I hope, that you MUST post a review of the Iris once it arrives.

I've been lusting after an Iris since it was first posted. And yes, that Orange is quite sexy, in a manly-light sort of way, yes it is....

YES I do realize a review is mandatory, especially since I dont think one exists. I will do my best even if it is my first "review" and even try to include some beamshots.
lovecpf

jk037

Newly Enlightened

Starhalo: that pic made me crack up :D liked it so much I've shamelessly plagiarised the slogan for my sig ;)

Agree with all the above: woman trouble? Buy cool stuff. Simples!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fiance left but it resulted in my FIRST CUSTOM!

Hey Captain, where did you "order" that gorgeous light?

I somehow missed it in the presale... :sigh:

nbp

Flashaholic

Very true! AND this one has a Vanilla Scented Italian rubber tailcap boot! Im sure it smells AT LEAST as good as she did! :whistle:

:faint: Really?!?!

The fact that they smell good is one of the best things about girls. If flashlights master this skill too...well...flashlights: 1 , chicks: 0. :cool:

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fiance left but it resulted in my FIRST CUSTOM!

I always say better to have loved and lost and get a great light than to never have loved at all.