Jetbeam BK 135a tint questions.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

I'm very interested in the new single AA IBS light from Jetbeam. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger though, because I won't buy anything in a cool white anymore, and would like to know more about the tint of the emitter.

Anyone have one and can comment on the tint, and other aspects of the light?

Thanks in advance for the info,

-B.

LedTed

Enlightened
Hello all,

While trying to find out more about the JB KB 135A, I found a link to what I believe is the OUS MFG of UF products.

Have a look if you are interested.
http://www.ultrafire.net/index.asp

Unfortunately, I still have no independent verification that the next JB KB 135 will come in a black color. And, I still can't independently verify information about the availability of a clip for said FL.

I hoping for: black, clip, and cool tint.

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.

Later,

HIDblue

Enlightened
Check out this thread about the BK135A that has a bunch of beamshots:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/289909

I believe my BK135A is on the cool-ish side, but not super-blue. I think it's a great 1xAA EDC light. It is brighter on a 14500, but I noticed that the head does not fully seat on the body with the 14500 in the tube since the 14500 is a bit longer than a regular AA battery. I run mine on a lithium AA and it works great. Feels really nice in the hand, is very light, nice anodizing, the clicky is a bit stiff but works well, and it's very bright for a 1xAA light. The camo color is much more muted in-person compared to the neon bright color that is portrayed on the website photos.

It's a close 2nd behind my JB E3S.

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bk135a is right about in the middle of my led lights. It is a little on the yellow side. To me it is not a real warm tint, but it is not blue. I too am tired of real cool, blue tints. I've been happy with the tints of most of my recent lights, including this one.

My bk135a is not as yellow as one of my D10's, but more yellow than another D10 that I have. The first D10 is from an early batch, with a "Q" bin emitter. The second I just got from 4sevens garage sale, so I don't know which emitter it is, but it is the same brightness, so I don't think it's an "R" bin.

The bk135a has an almost identical tint as my Eagletac p10a2.
It is just slightly [very slightly] cooler than my lumapower conneXion X2.
It's a bit cooler than an old Fenix L2P I have.