EDC - What else has the user interface I like (low - Med - High)?

Hevy Lite

Newly Enlightened
I like the user interface on the Regular 4Sevens Quarks, ie when loose, starts at low and works up through the levels (Turbo and strobe on tight).

I have looked at numerous reviews :sweat:and I find the Ra Clicky can be programmed to step from low to high. Also, the Zebralights can be directed to this pattern with the right switch press.... However, most "Tactical" lights have only one or two modes easily available, as they should! I don't consider a ring as useable because you need two different hand positions or a pinky push to switch modes and turn the light on and off. Makes one handed use more difficult.

A 2xcr123 like the Regular Quark would be fine, size wise. This question is strictly about the interface.

What else is there that has this general style of user interface?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Re: EDC - What else has the user interface I like?

Just get the Ra, or a Jetbeam. You can't beat being able to program in exactly what modes/order you want with instant one-hand operation.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll second the recommendation for a Jetbeam. I love the IBS interface; it's very straightforward to program, though you only get three modes, the ability to program each one more than makes up for it. I never find myself thinking I wish I had more modes on it.

The nice thing about the IBS interface is that it allows you to tailor the modes to just what you need. I never use any kind of med-high setting on any of my lights, usually either low-low, low, or max, so I've got my Pro ST programmed exactly that way. And, when I need something else, I can reprogram one mode to what I need in a minute or two.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened

A lot of the Fenix lights have this interface as well. Ex. the LD10, LD20 and others.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

MG L-mini II from shiningbeam has the coveted L-M-H cycle without the unwanted strobe or SOS modes. Wonderful light.

--flatline

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Get a Ra. If you need a tactical light, program it so that the medium-high setting is the burst output, and the original burst output is the Strobe. Program it so that the force setting always turns the light on what is now the burst setting, and, while on, a press and hold of the button will give you strobe.

You can also program the other two modes for lower outputs, or the burst setting, so that if you accidentally double-click, it doesn't drop in output.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The MG P-Rocket from shiningbeam has the L-M-H cycle, no strobes or SOS and it has a memory to remember the last mode used and will switch on again in the same mode once the light has been left on for a number of seconds.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Quite a few of my P60 dropins have the L/M/H sequence I prefer (but most of them also have a memory, so they start at whatever level they were in when they were switched off last time I used them).

My Dereelight EDC C2H is also L/M/H with memory.

The programmable AKORay lights (K-109 123 & K-106 AA) can be set to whatever sequence you want for their 3 modes, and the Liteflux LF2XT can also be programmed to whatever you want in the more complex user interface (it has two different UIs). IIRC there is also a progammable Ultrafire MCU-C7.

I haven't mentioned any of my twisty lights that have L/M/H as you seemed to want simple clicky lights only.