Olight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLD: Chad Nichols SS Damascus Light #3 For Sale

Default Re: SOLD: Chad Nichols SS Damascus Light #3 For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    And once again, Fred outdoes himself...

I wonder if there'd be a market for a Damascus Killer, or maybe something Killer-like fitted with an XP-G and a small McGizmo reflector?
    From my experience on CPF in the past, Damascus is popular for small lights. The Orb Da Wee/Raw runs all sold out.

The problem is that the economy seems to be so flat now, that its much more risky for custom makers to commit to runs in expensive materials.
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by ledcarry View Post
    Here are the pics I promised. I am sure lovin this light and now would like to share some photos. Thanks again Fred for inspiring us with your awesome work.

Thanks, Jeff. That's a nice sheath--who made it? I presume you didn't have it made specifically for the SS Damascus light?
    PhotonFanatic—fanatic@photonfanatic.com
    CPF Custom Builders and Modders
    My Blog

Absolutely stunning light btw Fred and you showed excellent taste in buying it ledcarry.

When I first saw the ad. it was torture trying to resist succumbing to it but of course now I'm regretting that I didn't take the opportunity!
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine

Buttrock Re: SOLD: Chad Nichols SS Damascus Light #3 For Sale

Fred,

The crocodile holster was made by AOTH (Art Of The Hide). Matt made this special holster for me so it would fit a couple of my longer lights, like the Mac SST-50 and McGizmo Haiku which both fit perfectly. I had no idea this very special SS Damascus light would fit, but once I got the light to my house I could not wait to check it out to see if it might work. To my supprise the SS Damascus light fit like a charm. The colors look perfect together and Matt out did himself matching the hides specific patterns to match the flap and the holster body. Sweet!!

Oh, I wanted to mention how smooth the threads are in the head, and with the etching and extra grip how easy it is with one hand to turn the light on and off. Very Nice! The beam is perfectly centered and being balanced it provides plenty of brightness with a nice white tint of color.

easilyled - I appreciate the kind words and totally understand about the emotions leading up to this remarkable light. I knew I only had "at best" a couple more hours to decide if I was going to make this SS Damascus Light a reality as the sun was coming up in the South Pacific. I also knew that some of the folks like yourself and in your neck of the woods were already toying with the temptation at the same time I was. I felt the time was now or loose the opportunity, so I had to do it. I can not tell you how pleased I am to have bought this magnificent light. It is simply stunning, a work of art that is so brilliant in form and function. I have really enjoyed observing many of Photon Fanatic's lights over the last couple of years and was just happy to have this very special light come my way. The timing could not have been any better.

Many thanks to all the CPFr's who wrote in to congratulate me. Some of you I know and some whom I have seen around the forums. It is really nice that we all share this common bond and comradery at CPF and when it comes to the flashlights that we love and that touch us in so many great ways. We are all there for each other!! It's also nice that when one of us makes a light purchase, we know what that feeling is all about and are almost always happy for that person who made the purchase because we just know. We just know the feeling and how good it is to acquire that special light!

Thanks again every one, I will see you around again very soon I'm sure.

Take Care,

JM
    Last edited by ledcarry; 09-13-2010 at 01:29 AM. Reason: paragraph formatting

hi fred,

just received the ss damascus today. don't have a time yet to take some picture. but one thing i know, the light is absolutely amazing. it much more better from the picture. thanks fred, i will post some picture once my holster ready. cheers....

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by k13nz View Post
    hi fred,

just received the ss damascus today. don't have a time yet to take some picture. but one thing i know, the light is absolutely amazing. it much more better from the picture. thanks fred, i will post some picture once my holster ready. cheers....
    This is the SS Damascus that k13nz received:

Looking forward to seeing your photos, with the holster.
    My Blog

Fred,

Great work again on the new CN SS Damascus light. Ohhh, I really like the new head design too. Congrats to k13nz on your new masterpiece. We would love to see more pics when you get some time.

JM

Flashaholic*

Here you go:

That's all I've got.
    My Blog

yes LEDCARRY, i assume you have the other brother in your hand? your head also have its own pride...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12