Scubapro Nova light 230

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Have this someone ? Any beamshots?

SCUBAPRO -NovaLight230 = 69Ł

because :

Quote:
The Nova Light 230 from Scubapro is a super powerful LED light with an output of 250 lumens and a burn time of 18 to 20 hours. A great scuba torch as it can be taken to a depth of up to 120 metres.

Features
•250 lumen
•Colour temperature of 6000 - 8000 kelvin
Beam divergence 9 - 10 degress
•Burn time of 18 to 20 hours
Constant current control circuit which provides the same brightness over the whole burn time, rather than dimming towards the end
3 x C cells. Must be non rechargeable in accordance with instruction manual. Not included.
•Maximum depth of 120m

and it has reflector

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beam divergence 9 - 10 degress

9-10 degrees for the whole beam or is it a FWHM rating? If its FWHM is it a +- measurement or true beam width? With out knowing these specs the 9-10 deg is a little meaningless. ( not to mention incorrectly spelt.

Burn time of 18 to 20 hours

Whats the amp hour rating of a C cell?

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Whats the amp hour rating of a C cell?

I have cells with 6Ah NiMh on my backup. Thats mean 6Ah/1Ah (1,4Ah max ) = 6h max burntime :poof: on SSC P4

( I know that for backup have to be classic battery, but when I made short dives ... spare some money) and even Duracell have now low quality (I have seen a lot of leaks of electrolyte from these batteries))

9-10 degrees for the whole beam or is it a FWHM rating? If its FWHM is it a +- measurement or true beam width? With out knowing these specs the 9-10 deg is a little meaningless. ( not to mention incorrectly spelt.

agree ... but I have not seen this torch yet thats why I'm looking for beamshots .

@350Xfire
With 3 C cells, may be a somewhat long light, but looks cool!

I think all those batteries ( H scout , Hesser, GS35,... ) with 3C has similar size about 220mm and similar weight with battery around 0,7-0,75 kg on surface .. there is no big difference between delrin or aluminium ... length is no problem but maybe weight ( special with B/W) when they docked on harness.

P.S.
In Adriatic we normaly made on boat 2 dives with singles with total time about 45-50 min normal so I need larger

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that you mention Hesser ( Heiser??) I saw a 3 C cell ( may have been 2??) back up the other day.
Must say I was VERY impressed with it.
The LED Pill was potted so that in the event of a flood the LED and driver would be undamaged.

I didnt get a chance to try it out in the water but on land the beam seemed quite tight.

The price was similar to a cheap ( OK very cheap) can light but compared to a Halcyon Scott seems like quite good value.

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Heser is very good light ..also in thermal senes ( for plastic torch ) and also in electrical (big contact surfaces ) and mechanical (robust)
Only thing I don't like is acryl bezel ....covered with rubber ... if falls accidently from chest D ring clip direct to the floor then might crack.

http://heser-backup.de/backup_en.html

lucca brassi

Enlightened

ghrt

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to wake up such an old thread.

I've overvoltaged my Scubapro Nova 230. Now it lights very dimmed.
So I need to change the diver (LED looks normal), or maybe I should change both the driver and the LED and keep only the body.

Do you know from where I may get the parts (diver, LED) for this? For original light or others that fit into the head.

Thanks a lot.