Battery Junction
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 47's Preon Revo

Default Re: 47's Preon Revo

Check out this runtime graph for the ReVO; it really shines on an Energizer Ultimate Lithium primary :

SS are sold out huh. I guess I ordered mine just in time. It should be in the mail box when I get home today. Can't wait...

Going to sit on this one for a bit to see if the Koolaide is spiked or not

At face value and based upon the reviews, this is looking like a solid BoB/Mini Survival Kit light option.

Currently I have the Quark Mini AA in my small kit. It fits just fine but it won't fit in say an Altoids can (or similar container) well if at all.

For a BoB you want a low light mostly with the option of putting out more light. The beacon modes being a good addition for people tying to be found. Stat wise the only issue is finding a way to recharge AAA in the field (currently AA is easy to find) and carrying 2 formats in the field unless you can get AAA synergy.

Just received my SS revo today. I am very happy with it. It is almost exactly the light I had always wished somebody would make. Previously I had owned several flavors of Fenix L0D and LD01. This is hands down a nicer piece of hardware. As a side note I tested mine in the NIST calibrated 1 meter integrating sphere we use at my work and it "only" put out 64 lumens on high with the Duracell AAA provided. Not the 82 that was claimed, but still quite a respectable output for a AAA light.
    Personal Favorites: Nitecore GD D10 w/ clip (Lost in service ), Novatac 120P, 7777 Revo

Unenlightened

Thumbs up Re: 47's Preon Revo

Just received mine too! I tossed in the Duracell and I am just amazed! Great build, silky smooth operation and by the looks of the graph above, I will go with the Energizer Ultimate Lithium primary!

Quote Originally Posted by Jida View Post
    Stat wise the only issue is finding a way to recharge AAA in the field (currently AA is easy to find) and carrying 2 formats in the field unless you can get AAA synergy.
    How do you charge AA in the field?

Whatever method it is wouldn't it work on AAA with this sort of adapter?

Got my stainless today as well, WOW what smooth threads.No battery rattle unless I really loosen the head, and the beam looks nice given the tiny reflector. Low will see the lion's share of use from me, plenty bright for walking some garbage out or feeding the cats after lights out. May wind up on the keychain, may just be an occasional grab from the dresser, but a very nice light.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    or feeding the cats after lights out.
    Reminds me of my old cat.

If I filled his bowl in the dark, or just walked by in the dark, he would swat at my feet.

Unfortunately a cyote got him about a year ago.

Back on topic, 7777 has hit a homer with the ReVO.
    -PSM

Flashaholic*

For a BoB you want a low light mostly with the option of putting out more light. The beacon modes being a good addition for people tying to be found. Stat wise the only issue is finding a way to recharge AAA in the field (currently AA is easy to find) and carrying 2 formats in the field unless you can get AAA synergy.
    The MiNi AA will run on AAA batteries in a pinch. I'm hoping that 4Sevens comes out with a ReVO version of the MiNi AA.

Flashaholic

Going to sit on this one for a bit to see if the Koolaide is spiked or not

At face value and based upon the reviews, this is looking like a solid BoB/Mini Survival Kit light option.

Currently I have the Quark Mini AA in my small kit. It fits just fine but it won't fit in say an Altoids can (or similar container) well if at all.

Enough batteries to run for months can easily be carried. Especially if you are just using it a few hours a night on low settings. I carry lithiums for their low weight for power output in my BOB and GHB.

I find that the low or moon light settings end up being the most useful for getting around a camp sight once my eyes have adjusted to the dark. More actually ends up being harmful to my night vision. I carry 8 spare lithium AA's for my get home bag. I carry a Quark 2AA regular and a Quark 2AA tactical warm with me when i travel. There is usually a single cell AA in the mix somewhere as well. Either a D10 or LD10, and soon a Quark AA. Should be enough light, even if I have to walk home from California to Ohio some day.
    Last edited by batmanacw; 09-01-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PCC View Post

I'm hoping that 4Sevens comes out with a ReVO version of the MiNi AA.

+1000 ! ! !

_

For a MINI surivival kit, yes.

IMO a BoB should have a light with a LOT more oomph, throw and runtime than a 1xAAA. I prefer my BOB to have a larger handheld light that fits that description + a headlamp.

And if you think a 1xAAA light can run for a long time (counting spare batteries...) it is still nothing compared to something just a little bit bigger with an equal output level. Even simply stepping up to a 1xAA can get you quite a bit.
    My current favorites: Quark 123^2 Tactical, EagleTac T20C2, Thrunite TN11, Fenix P1D, ZebraLight SC51W

Flashaholic

I just got my Revo in today after ordering on Wednesday. Great service from 4sevens again.

The Revo compares very favorably to the Fenix LD01 and L0D. The beam of the Revo is flawless. It has a bigger hot spot with a very smooth transition. The LD01 has distinct rings of dark around the hot spot.

I will know more later, but it almost looks as if the LD01 will have more throw, but the Revo has a bigger working hot spot.

The Revo is very smooth with a great key chain ring groove. I would definitely buy an AA version. This is a great little light.

Love mine! It is a fantastic light and a home-run! I want more than the one that I have but I will have to figure out where to put them
    -Goatee

I'm just hoping 4 Sevens does another SS run or perhaps a Ti run for those of us who missed out the first time around.

Please. Pretty please.

Eric

He will be doing another S.S. run . . . .

. . . . with Neutral-White emitters ! ! !

_

No more SS. I already have one. Bring on the Ti!!!

-PSM

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Burgess View Post
    He will be doing another S.S. run . . . .

. . . . with Neutral-White emitters ! ! !

_
    I looked in every Revo thread I could find but found no confirmation of a neutral run from David or the 4sevens folks, do you have a link with additional info about this?
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Sorry, there IS no link, with further confirmation.

I kinda' just *made it all up*, in a case of Wishful Thinking.

Still patiently hoping this all comes true, however.

_

Flashaholic

Maybe Burgess is a Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    No more SS. I already have one. Bring on the Ti!!!

I'd be okay with that, too.

Kinda tired of black lights.

Eric

Does anyone here think that the higher price could be attributed to the brass inert, threadings, & etc? If that is the case, then I think the higher price is justified. I am still awaiting for my SS ReVO to arrive.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

It seems to me that the higher price is due to the electronics, the machining and the overall quality. As long as the quality is commensurate with the price, I don't mind paying it.

I don't mind paying too. I am not rich but it doesn't cost a hundred bucks or more so as long as there is quality in the manufacturing I am fine with it.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    I don't mind paying too. I am not rich but it doesn't cost a hundred bucks or more so as long as there is quality in the manufacturing I am fine with it.
    My thoughts exactly.

The Revo is very amazing for all the features that it has and how TINY it is. Just being able to make a light even smaller than something like a Fenix LOD size light requires much more effort than one realizes. It is a little marval.

The SS version is gorgeous. Besides being so practical, it a wonderful little work of art that is fun to admire.

Flashaholic

+1 hoping there's a SS with neutral or warm emitter run...

Well after a few weeks this is my favorite light I really love it!! They hit a home run here. This is coming from someone who was not impressed with my mini 123 at all.
    JT

Can someone tell me why this is better than my Illuminati?

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ti-illuminati-ca1.html

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast