Acebeam        
Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Default Re: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

The inside of my tan g2x and after I put a ss strike bezel on it.........[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Default The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Rix, what size lens did you use with that strike bezel? Looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    Rix, what size lens did you use with that strike bezel? Looks awesome.
    thx Pass, I used a g2 lens
    the factory one in the g2x is plastic and has threads on it and the bezel is glued to it (all one piece) kinda cheesy

Quote Originally Posted by RIX TUX View Post
    thx Pass, I used a g2 lens
    the factory one in the g2x is plastic and has threads on it and the bezel is glued to it (all one piece) kinda cheesy
    Do you have any pics of how it comes apart? Can you use the same bezel removal tool that works on a Z44 bezel?

If I ever pick up a 6PX I'd love to put a stainless bezel on it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by cland72 View Post
    Do you have any pics of how it comes apart? Can you use the same bezel removal tool that works on a Z44 bezel?

If I ever pick up a 6PX I'd love to put a stainless bezel on it.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    same tool that fits a g2, it has some type of glue or sealant on the threads, wasn't very hard to remove
    I used the o ring on the bottom of the plastic lens, I had to stretch it out some to get it to fit right under the g2 lens, the bigger flat o ring that is used on g2/6p was to thick, the reflector is loose if there is no lense and just drops out

Thanks for the info & photos.

I just got a 6px pro the older version and it is missing the B letter on the head have you seen such a thing?

Sent from a mobile telephone

Unenlightened

Is there a big difference between the older version of the light (200 lumens) and the new one (320 lumens)? Also in terms of the colour of the beam, the newest version is it more close to neutral white or still a bit of blue-purple?

Quote Originally Posted by všlineurheilija View Post
    I just got a 6px pro the older version and it is missing the B letter on the head have you seen such a thing?

Sent from a mobile telephone
    The 200 lumen 6PX's didn't indicate A or B on the head since it either said Pro or Tactical on the body. The G2X models had the A and B because it had no indication of model on the body. The newer versions all have C or D on the heads regardless.

Oh okay thanks.i thought for a moment i got a fake or a rare piece

I took my 6PX Pro on a walk last night. mine is the 320 lumen version. As I'm sure anyone else would, I used the low setting for nearly the whole walk. While passing through high school grounds with no grounds lighting on at the time, I clicked it on high and pointed it sideways across the field. Holy cow... 320 lumens at that distance lit up those bleachers like crazy...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpag View Post
    Is there a big difference between the older version of the light (200 lumens) and the new one (320 lumens)? Also in terms of the colour of the beam, the newest version is it more close to neutral white or still a bit of blue-purple?
    Anyone?

The 320 lumens version has a neutral white LED, so yes, it's a big difference.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Robin24k View Post
    The 320 lumens version has a neutral white LED, so yes, it's a big difference.
    I seem to recall that the 200 lumen version had slightly better throw whereas the 320 has more flood. Is that right or have I imagined it & then convinced myself that I read it somewhere??!!

It's possible, since the 200 lumens version uses a Cree XP-E, which has a smaller die than the Nichia in the 320 lumens version.

Flashaholic

It's great to see this thread again because I love my 6PX tactical. I have the 200 lumen version which is bored out and running an AW 2900mah 18650 w/ a clicky switch. Just a simple and reliable light w/ smoother lines than the older designs, although i do love my older Surefires very much!

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight chronic View Post
    It's great to see this thread again because I love my 6PX tactical. I have the 200 lumen version which is bored out and running an AW 2900mah 18650 w/ a clicky switch. Just a simple and reliable light w/ smoother lines than the older designs, although i do love my older Surefires very much!
    I only have one bad thing to say about this light.Mine has a quite irritating preflash.

Quote Originally Posted by flashlight chronic View Post
    One of my favorites. I got into lights right before these were released and after getting into metric lights and back to US lights, my 6PX is still one of my very favorite lights. They're very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by všlineurheilija View Post
    I only have one bad thing to say about this light.Mine has a quite irritating preflash.
    Oh i missed that was the tactical version i have the pro with a preflash

Two questions for those of you who have purchased the most recent version (320 lumens):

Is there a spring at the positive end of the batteries?
    Is there still a pre-flash issue on the Pro models?

I purchased a 320 lumen G2X pro a week ago, no pre flash issue and it does have a spring in the head. Also mine appears to have the 219B emitter and the tint is great. Mine also runs great off a 16650. These can be found for $49 plus S&H too.

Quote Originally Posted by rocled View Post
    I purchased a 320 lumen G2X pro a week ago, no pre flash issue and it does have a spring in the head. Also mine appears to have the 219B emitter and the tint is great. Mine also runs great off a 16650. These can be found for $49 plus S&H too.
    Nice! Thanks for the reply.

Flashaholic

My bored out 6PX

Help Needed: I've been looking to get my first SureFire - want to see for myself what all the rage is about. I'm thinking about a 6PX Pro. However, I'd like three modes instead of two. Seems lots of people like the Malkoff dropins. The M361 seems to fit that bill. Is that a decent combination or are there other dropins that are also well regarded but a little cheaper?

I've read through almost all 33 pages of this thread and to be honest still have no idea what kind of batteries to get for this. I want a rechargeable solution. Here's what I've gathered so far:
    - Surefire says you can run two RCR123s which would be fine. But Malkoff says either one LiIon or two primaries. So I guess with that Malkoff dropin I couldn't run the RCR123s...
    - So next option is a single LiIon.
    - I have a bunch of 18650s, but I'm not going to go about boring this out and to be honest think that's a little rediculous an idea for a quality light just to get a rechargeable option.
    - So next choice would be 17670s. It sounds like on this thread there is limited success getting these to fit in this light though.
    - Is there another dropin I should consider that would handle two RCR123s?

So my two questions are: Are there alternatives to the Malkoff M361 I should look at and what batteries are guaranteed to work with this dropin/light combination?

Thanks! Hope the experts can help out!

Im sure someone will come address all of your questions but firstly the 6px is not a P60 light so no Malkoff drop in for that one and second i dont think Surefire says you can use RCR123's. Hope this helps in some way

Thanks, valineurheilija. Surefire sure is complicated... What would people recommend for a SureFire/dropin that takes rechargeables and has L->M->H?

Low/High can be found in the tactical version of the EB1/EB2 Backup or Outdoorsman series.

Low/Medium/High isn't a popular configuration can only be found on the rechargeables with selector ring (ie. UNR Commander) or the discontinued Stratum.

The Surefire Stratum (now discontinued) had a Low-Med-High configuration, but I found it cumbersome to switch through. The Low-High of the 6PX "feels" very quick by comparison. Surefire only recommends primary cells or the K2 branded LiFePo4 batteries for their lights, but I've had excellent experience running Keepower 16650's in my 6PX and G2X with no issues. My particular G2X is an early model that would not fit an AW 17670.

The Malkoff M361 is a SOLID choice for a P60 drop-in, but the timing of the switching and what mode it defaults too sounds confusing.

I'm sure you can get a Nailbender or Vinhn drop-in in a Low-med-hi with your choice of led and voltage range for a good price, but I think these 6PX's are an incredible value for a turn-key light with a beautiful beam.
    Last edited by Slumber Pass; 03-09-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks for the help, folks. It just seems too difficult to get what I think is a pretty basic setup. So I'm just going to stick with other brands like Solarforce, Zebralight, and Eagletac for the time being. But thanks for the input!

I love my 6PX Defender - partly for its haptics, partly for its simple "interface". Lately I managed to take it apart, after I got curious about the innards.

After that the connection between the driver board and the LED board sometimes got loose. So I thought about drilling the head so that P60 dropins would fit into it. Some months passed until I had the opportunity to use my father-in-law-to-be's drill press and other tools in his garage. Also I needed his knowledge of metal works to succeed in doing this...

First I wrapped the head of the 6PX with some tape to prevent it from being damaged by the bench vise.

Then I took a 10 mm HSS borer and pre-drilled a hole through the massive part inside the head.

After that I widened the hole by using a 18 mm HSS borer. The target was 22.5 mm, but a 22 mm borer would have done too much damage to the inside of the head.

So lastly I had to use a round file to widen it by hand.

After a long time of filing and some cups of coffee the dropin did fit through the head, but it didn't go in far enough. So I also had to widen the upper part of the head so that also the wider part of the dropin could go in far enough. So at last I was able to not only put in the dropin and a Solarforce glass lens but also the original O-ring of the 6PX and that flat Solarforce O-ring.

Here one can see the 6PX with an EDC+ X60L XM-L2 U2 530 Lumens (but with O-ring, original lens and bezel ring). Even the EagleTac / Sportac Triple XP-G2 P60 Dropin fits without a problem.

Now I love it even more!

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2326272829303132333435363738394043 ... LastLast