Maxpedition - Knives and Tools
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Default Re: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Also my G2X won't fit a 17670 battery, will the 6PX be able to fit a 17670?
    My 6PX's take a 17670 just fine, some folks have had luck with the G2X by removing the silver label on an AW 17670 but the fit is too snug for my tastes.
    Last edited by Vox Clamatis in Deserto; 04-17-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seattlite View Post
    Will RCR123(3.7V) work in these things?
    I would like to know this also.
    Rob Bond - My Lights - Needs some serious Updating

Anyone? 19 pages and no one following this anymore? I have a G2X Pro coming and would like to know if protected AW123's will work in it. I have a G2 that I ran a 2 level Wolfeyes Q5 6V drop-in in for almost 2 years on protected AW123's with no problem. I am hoping that will be the case with this. 19 pages. Someone here has to have experience with this.

To me, too ugly

Quote Originally Posted by brucejiang View Post
    To me, too ugly
    美是旁观者的眼睛我的朋友 = Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend.
    Last edited by bondr006; 04-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.

I have both the G2X Pro and 6PX Pro.
    G2X Pro is better for me. I like the lighter weight ("the bigger you are, the harder you fall...and dent yourself" applies here). The Nitrolon doesn't scratch or dent in the way that the metal does. I have a V70 speed holster, which chews up the 6PX. The holster has no marring effect on the G2X.
    The 6PX, being heavier, should serve as a better striking instrument if I need to crack walnuts, so there is one benefit. Other than that, it seems the only reasons to prefer the 6P-style over the G2 style is because you simply like metal over plastic, and you can crack nuts easier?

Oh, one other thing. This is probably unrelated to the G2X or the 6PX, but my G2X has a creamy white tint; the latter has a disgusting green tint.
    Last edited by herosemblem; 04-21-2011 at 09:39 PM.

bondr006,

I have tried running both on AW16340 with no problems but it is only for a short while. Since both my 6PX and G2X Pro takes AW17670 perfectly, I see no reason to use 16340, especially since I may be running them out of the tested voltage range.

herosemblem,

Both my lights have perfectly white and creamy beam. And like you, I too prefer G2X Pro. It felt better on my hand.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic

It seems from some posts in this thread that the Pro versions will fit a 17670 battery o.k.
    I have a G2X tactical and the body tube is too small to fit a 17670 battery even without a label.
    Is it possible that the dimensions of the Pro model body tubes are constructed a little larger than the tactical models?
    Could the construction process be not so precise thereby allowing tiny variances between each body tube?

My guess is that the batteries themselves may not be of a precise diameter. Some of my AW17670 fit nicely while a couple was pretty snug, so much so I have to slap the light on my hand to fling the battery out.
    The love of light is the reason why I don't walk in darkness. But darkness has it's beauty...Sadly, my lights are much more beautiful!!
    Beam shots Night Trekking with HDS high CRI and McGizmo Haiku & Mule high CRI

Flashaholic

My G2X tactical body tube is so narrow that I can't even get the 17670 to partially fit in.
    I just purchased (haven't received yet) a G2X Pro and hopefully that one will accommodate a 17670.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by pjandyho View Post
    My guess is that the batteries themselves may not be of a precise diameter. Some of my AW17670 fit nicely while a couple was pretty snug, so much so I have to slap the light on my hand to fling the battery out.
    I think that this is the case. I have a few 17670 that fit in standard CR123 tubes and some that do not.

Unenlightened

Hi guys, I'm new here. Thanks to this forum and I bought my 6PX Pro, lol.

Am looking for rechargeable batteries for my 6PX pro. I see you guys referring to the 17670, does it means this: http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-P...ery_p_101.html

Will the 17670 perform better than this: http://www.batteryjunction.com/4parc390reli.html

I see most of the RCR has higher voltage but Tenergy one has 3V, which is same like the SureFire normal battery. Anyone try this Tenergy RCR before? What do you think about that?

Which ons is better? 17670 or the Tenergy one? If you have any better than this, please intro me.

Thanks in advance!

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by nixdorf View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new here. Thanks to this forum and I bought my 6PX Pro, lol.

Am looking for rechargeable batteries for my 6PX pro. I see you guys referring to the 17670, does it means this: http://www.lighthound.com/AW-17670-P...ery_p_101.html

Will the 17670 perform better than this: http://www.batteryjunction.com/4parc390reli.html

I see most of the RCR has higher voltage but Tenergy one has 3V, which is same like the SureFire normal battery. Anyone try this Tenergy RCR before? What do you think about that?

Which ons is better? 17670 or the Tenergy one? If you have any better than this, please intro me.

Thanks in advance!
    I just purchased G2X tactical and G2X pro and neither fit my 17670 battery. The battery doesn't have a label on it either.
    I don't know if the diameter of the opening in the 6PX pro is larger than the G2X model though. I don't know why it would be. I guess what I'm trying to say is that a 17670 battery may or may not fit in your 6PX pro.

I have a G2, G2X PRO, and 6PX. I've been using CR123A batteries but I'm interested in going the rechargable route. I would use the rechargable in the flashlight and carry CR123A primaries just in case I needed them. This discussion about the 17670 battery has peeked my interest. I would be interested in buying some AW 17670s. Seems weird that some 17670 will fit and some won't fit the Surefires. Is it because of a certain brand of 17670 batteries that will not fit? Is it because the size of the 17670 varies even within the same manufacturer? Could it be that Surefire has some play in the size of the battery tube for their flashlights? Also, will Surefire void the warranty (lifetime) if something happens to the flashlight as a result of running the 17670s?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMVDCS View Post
    . . . Also, will Surefire void the warranty (lifetime) if something happens to the flashlight as a result of running the 17670s?
    Well, that's one question I can answer with a great deal of certainty . . . Yes.

SureFire strongly discourages the use of anything but lithium primaries, specifically their's, in their lights. If anything goes wrong, and the rechargeable cell gets stuck in the light; they won't warranty it if you send it in to get fixed.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Does anyone personally own a green-tinted on high mode G2X/6PXPro?

Unenlightened

@Mikellen
    Thanks for your info. Have you try any RCR123 battery? Do you think the voltage will spoil the LED ?

@CAMVDCS
    If you have tried it, do keep us update. I would like to know more about it

Unenlightened

Default 6px tactical

Last night I bored out my 6px to accept an 18650 cell and it works like a charm

Flashaholic

Default Re: 6px tactical

Just got my G2X today. Purchased it as a general utility light. I have two 17670, both AW, one fits one does not. Can I expect an increase in runtime on the single RCR 17670 vs two surefire primaries?

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgators98 View Post
    Just got my G2X today. Purchased it as a general utility light. I have two 17670, both AW, one fits one does not. Can I expect an increase in runtime on the single RCR 17670 vs two surefire primaries?
    I imagine it'd be quite the opposite, you'd see shorter runtime on a 17670, but they are rechargeable!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrouper View Post
    I imagine it'd be quite the opposite, you'd see shorter runtime on a 17670, but they are rechargeable!
    Correct! Shorter runtimes - just, but free lumens.
    amateurs practice ‘till they can get it right – professionals practice ‘till they can’t get it wrong

Unenlightened

Ok, so the 17670 is better than the Tenergy RCR123A 3V 900mAh and any other RCR? I'm going to get one soon then.

Quote Originally Posted by Meganoggin View Post
    Correct! Shorter runtimes - just, but free lumens.
    Free if you charge your li-ion batteries at work maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrouper View Post
    Free if you charge your li-ion batteries at work maybe....
    And you don't?
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Where can I find a pocket clip for a G2X Pro or 6PX Pro?
    I'd like to EDC mine, which necessitates having a pocket clip.

Due diligence already taken RE: CPF google search function & standard Google searching. No reliable results/leads. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by herosemblem View Post
    Where can I find a pocket clip for a G2X Pro or 6PX Pro?
    I'd like to EDC mine, which necessitates having a pocket clip.

Due diligence already taken RE: CPF google search function & standard Google searching. No reliable results/leads. Thank you.
    With SureFire's G2 and 6P models, a Novatac clip and a 5/16 O-ring was a great solution for clip-carrying those lights. Unscrew tailcap, slide the clip down, O-ring over the clip, screw tailcap back on. (Some preferred placing the O-ring under the clip.)

I recommend using thicker, plumbing, 5/16 O-ring. Got mine in an assortment pack at Wal-Mart.

Not 100% sure this will work on G2X or 6PX. But I doubt the dimensions of the body and tailcap are different compared to the older models. Lighthound.com was a great place to pick up spare Novatac clips. They likely still sell them.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I used this one:

http://www.oveready.com/hds/ra-flash.../prod_112.html

and a tail cap O-Ring

Thanks for the pocket clip ideas, gents .

Unenlightened

Just received my Surefire 6PX Tac. Loving it! Already looking into tailcap and battery mods.

Hey guys, I'm posting from a rooted Nook Color here and it would be a nightmare for me to try to go back through all these pages so forgive me if I'm asking a redundant question. Do the 17670s provide the full output?
    FAILURE TO PLAN ON YOUR PART DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN EMERGENCY ON MY PART.