Found my Mother of Pearl stash...

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
And I just had to inlay the knob on my Spy...

Mother of pearl backed with green glowpowder and sealed with Norland
7a28f90e.jpg

dfebce43.jpg

Then Karl needed his done ;)...

Mother of pearl backed with blue glowpowder and sealed with Norland
882eaf01.jpg

4f1cf72f.jpg

And after a couple days those big flats on the side were just too inviting...

Mother of pearl backed with green glowpowder and sealed with Norland
7e7f8128.jpg

08632139.jpg

And now I've just gone Pearl crazy:eek:

e2813752.jpg

The worst part is I just found my carbon fiber stash and I've got nothing left to inlay:thinking:.

~Chip

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
:faint:
:paypal:

That's so awesome!
I also want to know what that last light is.... MAN, that is crazy! I wish I had some funds lying around for a tri-v or something that I could bling out, but....:broke:

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words guys:)

The one on the right is my "Conquistador". Body by Fred, guts/anodizing/inlay by me. It's got a P7 with a tri-flupic, if you search there's a thread around here somewhere;).

All the inlay work was done by me:).

~Chip

taewoopa

Enlightened
What a marvelous job done , Chip !!

If I got one more Spys .. I will ask some jobs later.

Btw, can I do it myself with upgrade parts ?

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Thanks guys:)!

Data- just say the word, I'm sure we could work something out. I do need a rail attachment;)

J.J.- I'd be happy to do some work for you, but there's not really a way to part it out. Especially since I have no idea how to get a Spy knob off.

~Chip

taewoopa

Enlightened
J.J.- I'd be happy to do some work for you, but there's not really a way to part it out. Especially since I have no idea how to get a Spy knob off.

~Chip

So sad .... If I could have option parts , I thought I could do it myself ..

I am very familiar with the words of Inlay , mostly I use Gold inlays , Porcelain inlays, and Resin inlys...:devil:

BTW , can you please let me know the size of Glow Rings used for Knob , and the place where available ?

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic
So sad .... If I could have option parts , I thought I could do it myself ..

I am very familiar with the words of Inlay , mostly I use Gold inlays , Porcelain inlays, and Resin inlys...:devil:

BTW , can you please let me know the size of Glow Rings used for Knob , and the place where available ?

You should start offering MoP facings on central inscisors JJ. It could make you rich beyond your wildest dreams if it catches on. :)

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
J.J.- I actually made the glowrings from a larger one I had around. I just cut it in half and glued the ends back together;). I didn't realize you did inlay work yourself, you could probably find some pearl locally to do them. The biggest problem is cutting it to shape without cracking, especially at this thickness.

~Chip

1wrx7

Enlightened
Wow, that MoP work looks beautiful:D The GID effect was a great idea. Did you mill out the sides of the 007 to do the inlay there?

I think doing a larger CF inlay on both sides, and on the flat side opposite the rail would look awsome too!

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Wow, that MoP work looks beautiful:D The GID effect was a great idea. Did you mill out the sides of the 007 to do the inlay there?

I think doing a larger CF inlay on both sides, and on the flat side opposite the rail would look awsome too!

Yeah, I had to mill out the pockets on the sides, the first pass was a little scary;)

I've got a sheet of CF sitinng right here with your name on it:) the inlays can't be much longer though. The body gets pretty thin where the tailcap inserts.

~Chip

taewoopa

Enlightened
J.J.- I actually made the glowrings from a larger one I had around. I just cut it in half and glued the ends back together;). I didn't realize you did inlay work yourself, you could probably find some pearl locally to do them. The biggest problem is cutting it to shape without cracking, especially at this thickness.

~Chip

I understand the truth of Glow Rings, thanks ,Chip. :)

The comment about the self job is a kind of joke.. because I am a Dentist..

Inlay job on teeth is everyday working to me, but I can not do any pearl job .. Anyway.. Awesome job ,Chip.
:twothumbs

Latest posts