This is called customer service (Maha Energy)

alins

Newly Enlightened
I purchased my Maha MH-C9000 charger back in March 2007, directly from Maha via amazon. Literally from the first day I had a small mechanical problem whereby a AAA battery would pop out of one of the slots - there was no way to keep it in. I tried using that slot with different brands of AAA batteries, and the result was always the same. So effectively I had 3 usable AAA slots. Everything else worked just fine with the other slots (AA and AAA) and while this was an annoyance, I tried to overlook it.

Well, after 3.5 years I could no longer overlook this :) and felt that I had had a crippled charger from day one. I realized of course that I should have contacted Maha while the charger was under warranty and gotten a replacement. I hadn't realized the warranty was for three years, and after the first year, had given up on the idea.

So, last week, I finally contacted Maha. All I can say is that Eric Cheng at Maha was very understanding, nice, and helpful. I shipped the defective unit back, and in less than a week (start to finish), I was sent, and received a brand new MH-C9000 in the mail two days ago.

Thank you Eric, and thank you Maha! This is called customer service! :)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I hope this means that they're making an honest effort to improve. I had a problem with one of their chargers a few years ago and they just blew me off. I wound up figuring out and fixing the problem myself.

Last edited:

beamis

Newly Enlightened
I can vouch for MAHA's customer service. I have experienced it twice. When I first received my first C9000 as a Christmas gift it was defective. The letters on the display were all black and it was unreadable. MAHA cross-shipped a replacement with no questions asked and at no charge to me.

My second experience was with Thomas Distributing. I bought 8 10Ah D-cells from them and they arrived in poor shape. They tested around 0.9V out of the bag and cycling them for a week on the C808M wasn't improving them. I got in touch with Thomas Distributing to see if they would test the replacement cells before they send them. Make sure they're somewhere above 1V at least, and preferably around 1.1V. After waiting almost two weeks for the exchange process I got another package of bunk batteries. I emailed MAHA who then shipped 8 11Ah D-cells at no charge and before I even sent them the defective cells.

fishinfool

Enlightened
I've dealt with Eric Cheng at Maha just recently and he fixed the problem within days. That just makes me a very loyal customer to Maha products. :twothumbs

Latest posts