should i get titanium D size 1200 mah nimh or other?

wadamt16

Newly Enlightened
I am going to use like 30 watts halogen for my maglite 5D. I want to have rechargeable batteries for my maglite. I am thinking about five of titanium D 12000 mAh NiMH (http://www.batteryjunction.com/tpeh-td12000.html) I am wondering if this battery can handle 30 watts lamp (5a x 6v)? Or should I get a better one? I would like to have long run on 24 or 30 watts lamp.

I got glass len and aluminum reflector for my maglite.

InHisName

Enlightened
I am contemplating getting D's also. My usage is ignore for months then grab and might use for long or short run. I feel LSD will serve me better. I have focused on AccuEvolutions as soon as I land a job. A few months ago bearwobble.com had 10/ $100.

The other issue to note is the voltage can be as high as 1.5 fresh out of the charger, although it will drop to 1.4 fairly soon after use. Six cells will give you 7.0 volts and when you near empty you should have 'tween 6 & 6.4v. So your average voltage is more like 6.7 and so bulb life is probably shortend to only 65% of rated hours. I recall the bulb life of incandecents as a 4th power of the voltage.

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did some tests with Titanium D 12000mAh cells. At 0.5A discharge I got 10000mAh real capacity. Also they can take 15A discharge without any problems. Imho they are pretty good for the price.