BlackShadow

Thread: OLD Emergency Lantern?

Help OLD Emergency Lantern?

I have used my best Google-Fu, but it is weak! Back when I was a kid, during the 80s, early 90s, my Grandpa had a combination flashlight thing... it was about 12-14 inches long, shaped kinda like an old, oval-style police light bar, and included a siren, red and amber alternating flashing lights, a front-mounted incan flashlight, and I believe a fluorescent tube light on the side. Years later, when I was in my early teens, I bought one myself, which was the same style, only rectangular instead of oval, and included the same flashlight (detachable,with a magnetic base) fluorescent tube, red and amber flashers, a siren, and a 12v socket (for powering it off a car). As I recall, it used several C or D cell batteries... The closest I have come to finding it online is the "Wonder" brand emergency light... it's close, but not the same. It may have been from RadioShack, or Walmart... Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or am I crazy? I would love to know who built those lights... (long since lost to me). And, I would love to buy or build (hehehe, frankenstein multiflashlight) one... Also, I hope this is in the correct subforum... it WAS a sort of lantern, after all... just with all sorts of stuff added on. I wonder if they make them in LED versions? Thanks for any input!

Enlightened

Default Re: OLD Emergency Lantern?

Something like

this

perhaps?

Yes.

I loved those.

Flashaholic

I've still got mine, it gets used as the car light for long road trips, because those flashing lights and flouro are very useful. Mine uses 6 D cells, and has a charging socket for use with "six ni-cd cells ONLY".
    I haven't seen one of them anywhere since I got mine years ago, they seem to have disappeared. Good luck in your search!
    Last edited by ASheep; 09-08-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duodec View Post
    Something like

this

perhaps?
    I have one of those, brand new sitting in the closet. runs 8Cs, with a charger cord for NiCds.
    It was given to me at least 5 years ago maybe more, I never took it out of the box.

I'm still looking for this old favorite: http://www.allproducts.com/manufactu...ssie/fy899.jpg
    Last edited by Illum; 10-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.