Another Maglite Mod

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you guys haven't noticed, I am not a fan of gluing stuff and JB Welding stuff together. I really like the "stock" look and feel and to be able to take things apart if I need to. Therefore, I decided to thread the barrel of the Maglite after cutting it to make a dive light head. I do use silicone to seal it as I did not want to put an oring in there like factory since that would have meant cutting into the anodizing. The lens I have in the picture is also a 6mm lens. It can be made to fit, but requires some patience to get in there... So, I would say that you could fit up to 5.5mm lens in there and, if you want to suffer some, go 6.5. The problem is that you get into the threads with a lens that thick and putting the bezel on is tricky.... Here is what it looks like (don't look too hard at the threads cause they look like crap since I did them in about 2.5 passes. Too fast to get a nice thread.):
Divemagthreadedbarrel.jpg

Sorry for the small pic. I did it with my phone...

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll retake it on the next one. I must have sent the pic using the smallest setting on my Iphone... Sorry. I already finished putting this one together! I just looks like the stock barrel where it threads onto the head. Minus the oring groove.