Sanyo's New Eneloop Stick and Mobile Boosters Announced

alins

Newly Enlightened
http://sanyo.com/news/2010/08/31-1.html

12e7hl.jpg

• Eneloop Mobile Booster (model KBC-L2BS)
  • Eneloop Stick Booster (model KBC-D1BS)
The Mobile Booster is a rechargeable lithium-ion unit with a pair of built-in USB terminals (and microUSB adapter) capable of pushing 1 Amp for about 2 hours (or 500 mA for 4 hours if charging two devices) to gear such as the iPad. The battery pack can then be recharged over AC or a USB connection on your PC.

The highly portable Stick Booster, meanwhile, ships with a pair of AA Eneloops.

Look for these to ship October 21st in Japan.

Last edited:

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received a Stick Mobile Booster last friday, ordered from Japan. Took 3 days to arrive by standard postal system! It will charge approximately 80% of my iPod Touch with one set of AA and another set will fill the remaining and charge completely my iPod Nano. It's a bit sad these are slow to come to North America! Here a few pictures:

img1709ek.jpg

img1713q.jpg

img1714v.jpg

img1715kf.jpg

img1718kc.jpg

z17813

Newly Enlightened
I have never bothered with having one of the cheap mobile stick type boosters you see around but there have probably been a couple of times I could have used them and I have mad love for the eneloops..... yeah I think I'm going to get a few of these :thumbsup:

red02

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up. It looks great! Finally a boost stick I doesn't look like junk. Definitely picking one up for the next trip into the bush. Less fragile than those annoying solar panels too...

Any info on when I'll be available in the states?
What was the shipping + vat?

Last edited:

Zero_Enigma

Enlightened
Nice unit that takes USB and AA's.

Als something else to consider if going out into the bush. Seeing as AA is easier to acquire or trade in the field this would be a nice item to have.

http://www.gomadic.com/

Just pop the tip off and put another one on. All tips are to my understanding regulated and interchangeable. Costs less then the $35 CDN exchange of that Ebay seller price not including shipping.

I found out the iphone adaptor works with iphone 4 and below phones and itouch 3g and below. Check google for reviews. I read one on Road Warrior before and it appears a solid little compact unit that is good for about 2 full charges and works with nimh /nicad/alk (no lith) cells.

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it from this eBay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Sanyo-eneloop-ba...43445472?pt=AU_Electronics_Batteries_Chargers

Free shipping and I got no customs bill when it arrives (your mileage may vary).

I'll see how well mine works for charging my Nokia N85 - I have just bought from the same seller through Ebay Australia. It cost $1 more, but I already had an account on Aussie Ebay.

I already have a 1 x AA cheapie - but 2 x AA should have more grunt and this looks like it is MUCH better quality.

fishinfool

Enlightened
Can't you do the same thing with one of the duracell chargers? :thinking:

Edit: Yes you can! I knew I read it here somewhere. I'm doing it right now with my fully discharged ipod touch and using my duracell cef23dx4n with 4 fully charged eneloop tones. It's about 3/4 full after about 1 hour.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Can't you do the same thing with one of the duracell chargers? :thinking:

Edit: Yes you can! I knew I read it here somewhere. I'm doing it right now with my fully discharged ipod touch and using my duracell cef23dx4n with 4 fully charged eneloop tones. It's about 3/4 full after about 1 hour.

yup, but until now eneloop have been related to LSD nimh cells and accesories, not lithium ion battery packs.

shadowjk

Enlightened
I remember seeing the older eneloop mobile boosters in both Li-Ion and AA configurations sold before at various webshops for a couple of years atleast, so nothing new.

Latest posts