---Translucent Red $12

---Glow $14

shipping $5

Total $31

Paypal sent.
    Last edited by dcaprilia; 09-12-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Paypal sent
    "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

Default Re: Tri-V lens cap sales thread

For three Tri-V lens caps one of each Translucent Blue $12 Translucent Red $12 Bright Red $16 And $14 shipping

Thanks

Mike
    You don't win friends with salad!

Quick question...

If one were to cut off the A cover, and only leave the Flood cover, would this stay on the light or would it be inclinded to fall off??

Reason, I would like one to protect the Flood light as a more permanent type, as the R & A lenses are the ones I use the most.
    This would allow me to keep the bare LED covered for 99% of the time and keep the A available without removing the cover.
    If this is the case, I want to order another cover that I can cut up. Can I add one more to my order & save shipping charges again?

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #2XC47429KU2092219)

Quantity 1 - Translucent Green
    $12 plus $5 shipping
    Total sent $17

Order details updated in 1st post....
    Also made sure to include the correct info in pay-pal payment.

1 X Solid Gold
    1 X Cast Titanium
    1 X Transmissive Black
    1 X Transmissive Red
    USPS Priority Shipping

(Unique Transaction ID #62A91041EE117873W)

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by DaFABRICATA; 09-13-2010 at 11:25 PM.
    Flashlight Modifications available upon request
    "I have to go return some video tapes." -Patrick Bateman

Quote Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
    Quick question...

If one were to cut off the A cover, and only leave the Flood cover, would this stay on the light or would it be inclinded to fall off??

Reason, I would like one to protect the Flood light as a more permanent type, as the R & A lenses are the ones I use the most.
    This would allow me to keep the bare LED covered for 99% of the time and keep the A available without removing the cover.
    If this is the case, I want to order another cover that I can cut up. Can I add one more to my order & save shipping charges again?
    Not having seen these myself, I actually don't know what I'm talking bout, but whats new.. lol
    You might try cutting the center only out on your A lens and see if it effects your beam. May not be quite as tight a fit but would still hold fairly well I would think. Or get creative and cut a start in the center.. hmm I better quit. lol

Thanks
    X/BillyD..
    So much to learn, so little time.. ')
    DFW Texas Spring Fling CPF and LPF Flashapalooza, TBA? ')

Quote Originally Posted by cnjl3 View Post
    I guess I am the only one with questions. Is the color the only difference between choices? Because you mention UV stabilizer, GIDP and colors as ingredients for these lens caps which makes me wonder if these additives will impact on hardness/softness. Which lens cover will be the most durable? Will they be a friction fit or will they use an o-ring? I see a lot of pictures of the top of the lens cover but none of the portion that slips into the TRI-V itself. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.
    The additives, other than an accelerant I use, do not really affect the hardness/softness of the rubber. As a general rule anything you add to the rubber is going to modify and maybe degrade the properties. That said with the exception of the GITDP everything is designed to be used as a "system" so I see no real reason to worry. The least durable would probably be the GITD version but that is just a guess. Even still unless you are really abusing it I see no reason to worry.

They are friction fit using primarily the ID of the aspheric to do the holding. I still need to get the caps over to fasteddie so he can verify that it works in the field before I go making all these caps. I need to stop fooling around with all these variants.

And on that note I'd like to mention that I am working on making some that increase the CRI of the light. The caps look the same color as the high CRI phosphors you see in LEDs. I am using a phosphorescent red dye to boost the reds a bit. They are still setting up at the moment so I don't have any pictures yet.

I'll get pics of the backside up in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Launch Mini View Post
    Quick question...

No this will not be possible. The area around the flood does not have a complete circuit around the circumference and therefore has no way of applying any holding pressure. I did consider making a separate piece that would cover only the flood but not enough people seemed interested in that. You can of course add more to your order without being charged any more for shipping unless your order has already shipped which it most definitely has not.

Here is two more. Purple and yellow. The yellow turned out OK. I think it could have used a little bit more tint to make it a more intense yellow and I will do that for anyone that actually purchases one. The purple was really strange. When I turned it on the first thing I though was that it looked like I now had a blacklight. It is not of course that deep into the UV as the base chip is only a royal blue but the effect was very interesting to say the least. It causes a noticeable florescence in anything that has that type of dye. It also makes normal yellows look red-red orange while the blues and reds in things absolutely pop. There is a very big lumens hit with this one but it makes for a very good imitation of a blacklight on the fly. It does some strange things with some of the things found in nature. It made some lichen on my tree glow red and stand out quite dramatically from the bark. Anyway here are the pictures from these two along with a shot of the backside as was requested. Prices are the same as the other translucent colors.

Notice how the normally yellow on the bottle changed to red orange.

Theres a little bit of dust on there that needs cleaned up but there you go.

Thanks for answering my questions and for pic's of the bottom of your
    lens covers.

for two lens covers:
    1 liquid titanium
    1 translucent red

Has "fasteddie" verified that this current model works?

A big THANKS for all your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by saabluster View Post
    They are friction fit using primarily the ID of the aspheric to do the holding. I still need to get the caps over to fasteddie so he can verify that it works in the field before I go making all these caps. I need to stop fooling around with all these variants.
    I'll get pics of the backside up in a few minutes.

Has "fasteddie" verified that this current model works?
    Huh? what? Haven't seen one yet.
    .: I spent most of my money on women and toys. The rest I just wasted :.

Flashaholic

Talking Re: Tri-V lens cap sales thread

(4) ---Translucent Red $12 = $48
    Shiping ------------------------ $ 5
    Total ---------------------------$53

(1) Translucent red $12.00

(1) Translucent green $12.00

$24.00 Paypal incoming. Thanks!!!
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

for:

1 x Transmissive Black - $10
    1 x Translucent Blue - $12
    1 x Translucent Red - $12
    1 x Blue - $13
    Shipping - $5

Total - $52

Thanks!!!

Flashaholic

A some of us seem to spending more on lens caps than most people spend on their whole flashlight

myself included!

Paypal payment sent. Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by derangboy View Post
    A some of us seem to spending more on lens caps than most people spend on their whole flashlight

myself included!

You are also talking about people who spent more on this particular light than some people spend on their car.

Quote Originally Posted by Incidentalist View Post
    You are also talking about people who spent more on this particular light than some people spend on their car.
    Indeed. I bought my car for $1600.

I have been feeling like crap for a few days now. I've had a cold that has now decided to move into my chest. So things have been moving real slow. I'm about to take fasteddie's stuff plus some extras over to the post office. Might need to irradiate that box before handling fasteddie.

Here's one more option. I call it Java Black. The pictures do not do it justice.

Indeed. I bought my car for $1600.

I have been feeling like crap for a few days now. I've had a cold that has now decided to move into my chest. So things have been moving real slow. I'm about to take fasteddie's stuff plus some extras over to the post office. Might need to irradiate that box before handling fasteddie.

Here's one more option. I call it Java Black. The pictures do not do it justice.

That is way cool.

How much is the Java black?

Quote Originally Posted by coloradogps View Post
    How much is the Java black?
    $14. I guess I forgot to add it to the main list.

The other thing that I forgot to add in the main post is that when I ship overseas I always put the exact amount on the customs forms. I don't want to cheat anyone's government of the customs they request. I run a tight ship in that regard. Related to that is that I am required to collect tax on any sales within the state of Texas. My wife made me aware that I forgot to do that on a few of them so if you live in Texas expect to get a followup email for the balance. Thanks guys.

Michael,

Sure enough, you came up with a killer colored/textured cap (Java Black) that I would prefer over the first two that I ordered. Please update my original order from (2) Transmissive Black to (2) Java Black. I have sent a PayPal payment along for the extra $8.00 for the difference in cost.

Total number of caps: 6

Thanks again for updating my order and hope you get to feeling better.

JM

I'm just getting over a cold myself. Progressed into bronchitis. Must be something going around TX compounded by the high mold counts. At least its high in Austin. I'll be looking for that package. Hope you feel better soon.
    .: I spent most of my money on women and toys. The rest I just wasted :.

Sorry to confuse matters....but can I change my blue to a Java Black? That looks sweet!

RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie View Post
    I'm just getting over a cold myself. Progressed into bronchitis. Must be something going around TX compounded by the high mold counts. At least its high in Austin. I'll be looking for that package. Hope you feel better soon.
    Finally felt well enough to venture outside so I got to the post office. They should be there in a day or two. Yeah our fungus has been really high. Although I do have allergies it is only in the spring so I don't think it was that. We've also had a plethora of mosquitoes lately.

I was just about to pull the trigger several times but then the more and more choices keep popping up and they all are wonderful and fun pieces.

Thanks for all who make this happen.

Tanasit

Yeah, too many choices and even though I am interested in more than two colors there are too many shots if individual colors. I would like one picture of all color choices together if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanasit View Post
    I was just about to pull the trigger several times but then the more and more choices keep popping up and they all are wonderful and fun pieces.
    Thanks for all who make this happen.

Tanasit

This color for example reminds me of "cork" and does not induce any mental images of sipping coffee. So I hear you when you say that this picture does not do this color choice any justice.

Yeah, too many choices and even though I am interested in more than two colors there are too many shots if individual colors. I would like one picture of all color choices together if possible.

This color for example reminds me of "cork" and does not induce any mental images of sipping coffee. So I hear you when you say that this picture does not do this color choice any justice.
    I'm working on it. I wanted to wait until I was done adding options and I think I might be done.

The Java Black was unbelievably hard to photograph. I tried all different angles and lighting and just couldn't get it to match what my eye sees. I'd say it is probably my favorite.

It looks pretty sparkly; maybe it would be easier to photograph if you used multiple light sources, or a single highly-diffused light source, to illuminate the colors on multiple sides of each little texture bump, instead of just the sides facing the flashbulb.

Translucent Red $12
    Cast aluminum $13
    Glow $14
    Sub total $39
    Total with shipping $44
    Thanks,
    Tanasit

Quote Originally Posted by taewoopa View Post
    My order is

Glow $14
    Bright Red $16
    Cast Titanium $25

International shipping 14$

total = 69 $

Transaction ID: 8HY19430E66431836

I will also sent my address to your email.
    Can I have the info about shipping ,esp, when ?

Thank you.
    J.J

TiHolic Damascus Addict

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast