55W H3 GOLD from CPI

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
So, I ordered some of these from Candle Power, thinking that they were made by Narva. Nope, they're made in CHINA! WTH! (They also appear to be the same ones as DS sells...we all know how he feels in public about Chinese parts.) My question is, who makes these things? Did I just waste my money?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Oh, that's interesting. I wonder who Candlepower is getting them made by these days. Last time I saw one of them, a year or 18 months ago, they were Korean-made. It's very possible to get nice quality bulbs out of Korea these days; that's where all Philips and Narva H3s are made, for example, and there are many other plants in Korea turning out good quality bulbs. Harder to get good quality out of China. Possible, but harder.

Lightdoctor

Enlightened
Oh, that's interesting. I wonder who Candlepower is getting them made by these days. Last time I saw one of them, a year or 18 months ago, they were Korean-made. It's very possible to get nice quality bulbs out of Korea these days; that's where all Philips and Narva H3s are made, for example, and there are many other plants in Korea turning out good quality bulbs. Harder to get good quality out of China. Possible, but harder.

The overall quality of these bulbs looks ok, but I'm still disappointed that it's made in China. I guess I'll play the guinea pig.