• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Logan or Pyranese...which is brighter?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one of these is brighter on a RCR?

Someone please respond to a post occasionally. I've been looking at these new peaks for months now but can't find any information about so many things.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one of these is brighter on a RCR?

Both use the XPG emitter and the same circuitry, and both can use the same RCR123A battery. Lumen output should be identical. However, the greater diameter optic in the Pyrenees allows for a more focused beam and therefore an increase in candlepower or throw.

Subjectively (and my eyes aren't the best), the Pyrenees seems a good bit brighter than the Logan at equivalent power levels.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
The head on the Pyranese will be bigger...a fact for consideration if you want to pocket carry- there is a big difference to me in pocketability in the logan and carribean IMO.- On SF cr123's my #7 logan was bright- on AW RCR123- it is far brighter.

DUMDUM

Enlightened
The Pyrenees has a larger and I believe better optic. Dances old eyes are right the Pyrenees has the edge in power, its my favorite pocket light. Rage the optic is only 3mm larger not
a hinder to EDC. BTW its way cool in brass.
Bob

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right. Pyrenees (Ranier sized) head diameter is greater than the Caribbean which in turn is greater than the Logan.
Need pretty baggy pants to pocket a Pyrenees (and in Brass also big strong thighs).

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you.

I don't want it for a edc light. Just something small and bright to carry when needed. So it has an optic? Not a reflector?

Can the Pyranese be ordered with a 18500 batter tube and a momentary switch?

Last edited:

DUMDUM

Enlightened
It does have an optic, but that does not always make it have a better output. Our best throwing light has a reflector.
It can be ordered with an extra 18500 body. Standard body is a CR123 or 18350. Since it has a Judco switch which can also be used as a momentary you have both
lockout and momentary.
http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Pyrenees.html
Bob

Last edited:

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really care for the Judco switch. It just "clashes" with the brass. I was hoping for the standard brass momentary switch. Unless the switch cover can be made from brass?

Thanks.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a way to install a brass momentary switch onto the Pyrenees, but you need the tailcap from a brass 2XAA Caribbean and an extended length Momentary, also from the 2XAA Caribbean.

005-1.jpg

See this thread:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/285174

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have to do anything to that Carribean part or does it come that way? And is it still available?

I suppose they could make a custom body couldn't they?