• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

If I wanted to build my own Aleph mule head, what do I need given...?

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Given that I have a MCPCB with a Nichia 083 soldered to it and an appropriate driver from the Shoppe (GD333), what other parts would I need to assemble a complete Aleph mule head? It would be great to make an inexpensive high CRI mule head to put on an E series body. :)

It seems that I would start with an Aleph mule head kit and an Aleph mule disk, but then it becomes less clear...

A little help please...:candle:

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should only need the mule head...:thumbsup:
I have a mule head and it has no problems using any different LE I've put in it.
The mule disc isn't even needed unless to clean up the appearance.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I thought you had an entire Light Engine.

You do need an E-screw with can to make it work.

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Hi CJ,

Sorry for the late reply. The MCPCB does not work with the ES-Can.

You will need either an XR (Cree) or XR-S(eoul) can, Arctic Alumina adhesive, silicon wire in addition to the GD333 converter, Aleph mule head kit and an Aleph mule disk.

Our MCPCB (.650")fits on the ledge of the XR/XR-S can.

Cindy

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given that I have a MCPCB with a Nichia 083 soldered to it and an appropriate driver from the Shoppe (GD333), what other parts would I need to assemble a complete Aleph mule head? It would be great to make an inexpensive high CRI mule head to put on an E series body. :)

It seems that I would start with an Aleph mule head kit and an Aleph mule disk, but then it becomes less clear...

A little help please...:candle:

What is the O.D. of the MCPCB your Nichia 083 is mounted to?

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it's bigger than the 0.650" diameter allowed by the XR version of the E screw (or any of the versions for that matter), so I will have to cut it down with care. Thanks for watching out for me. :grin2:

No prob bro :)

Trimmed MCPCB's make for a very clean build...no cover-up disk required :D