The smallest two CR123 spare battery carrier?

pahl

Enlightened
I'm looking for a small cr123 battery carrier to EDC two extra cells in. Something with thin walls and small end caps or something with just one end cap.

Thanks,

RY3

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
John Frederick said:
I too am interested to see what you guys come up with... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I came up with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

My cheap way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :
(click for larger pic)

Actually, I just use one cap for each battery and throw them in my laptop carrying case.

JimM

Newly Enlightened
I use empty Advantix film containers to carry 2 123A batteries.
Jim

pahl

Enlightened
RY,
Interesting, what are them and were do you get them?

JimM,
Do they fit side by side in that type of film containers?
I have been all digital for a few years now, so I'm not even sure what advantix film is.

FNG

Enlightened
Do you need it to be waterproof or just something that you can throw in your pocket? Right now I carry 6x123's in a mint box and also have a Colgen match holder with two foam peanuts at the end to stop rattle. The Colgen can be had for 90 cents.

I want a Berkeley Point Trekker though.
http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/tools/trekker.html

trekker_c.jpg

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Yikes! $39.95 for the Colgen...I could get a G2 and use it for a spare battery carrier(LA too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). But, it sure looks nice tho.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... I try not to spend more than a dollar on a battery holder. Here are some of my "slick" solutions for a 1$ or less-> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BH1.jpg

BH2.jpg

The tubing is super strong fiberglass and is very thin. They cost about .40 cent a pop. The match case is a .86 cent Walmart item. The balistic nylon holders were picked up for .50 cents to a buck each at the local flea market's 'el-cheapo knife section.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I bought the tubing & end caps at Tap Plastics..

Oh yeah, when I want to be "Mr Bulletproof", I use put the 2-cell tube into the balistic holder! It's water proof and still goes on web gear nicely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Of course, that does up the investment to about a buck forty for a single holder set-up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
I really like those plastic holders, Slick. Did you buy from them online, or in the store? Part numbers would be awesome.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chief_Wiggum said:
I really like those plastic holders, Slick. Did you buy from them online, or in the store? Part numbers would be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I walked in and bought it, but it was easy to find on-line, since I knew exactly what I was looking for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I guess it's not fiberglass, but "epoxy carbon filiment wound tubing". Go here...

This is tough material for as thin as it is!

georget98

Enlightened
I was in Ritz Camera the other day and noticed a 4 pack of Sanyo with a free case. $24.99 for 4-123's will buy over a dozen Surefires so I passed, but I though you'd like to know.

lc123a4.jpg

Elnath

Newly Enlightened
Slick,
Do you happen to have the translation from OD (what the tap web site provides) to the appropriate ID for the batteries?

That would help alot!

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Elnath said:
Slick,
Do you happen to have the translation from OD (what the tap web site provides) to the appropriate ID for the batteries?

That would help alot!

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked the piece I have and it came up .742-OD / .670-ID

I realize that doesn't *exactly* match what they show on Tap's website, but the dial caliper I used is ".010" gradient - which is a little coarser than a machinist caliper is..

JimM

Newly Enlightened
Two 123A batteries fit side by side.
Advantix is the Kodak brand name-the film is APS as opposed to 35MM.
Jim

JimM

Newly Enlightened
They seem to fit fine, side by side, in the empty APS film containers I have been using. It's a tight enough fit that they don't rattle around. By gently squeezing the two sides together, the batteries usually fall free.
Jim