Olight - R50        
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wave of Makai 6V (2x123)

Default Wave of Makai 6V (2x123)

9-21-12: Hi guys, I am now have more of the Makai heads.

Hi guys,
    This thread is an offering for the Ti Makai as detailed below.

This offering is for a Makai head that includes a Buck 3S converter designed to run on ~4-9 volt battery supply and drives the LED at ~1000 mA

The Makai 6V Head is $345 + postage

If you want to get a complete light you can go for a

Makai 6V -2x123 which would be $575 + postage

These lights are available on first come first serve basis; as determined by e-mail orders I receive which are clear, concise and include the must have information:

In the subject line of the E-mail please state: Makai 6V (+ 2x123 if you want a complete light I.E. Makai 6V-2x123)
    Your CPF name
    (if you have one)
    Your real name and mailing address
    phone number if international shipment
    Any exceptions to standard shipping, which is priority mail.
    If the shipment is domestic and you want insurance, please so state. (No insurance offered on international shipments)*

For my general info on how I process these offerings, please refer to THIS THREAD. For more information on the Makai, please review THIS THREAD.

All of these lights sport some tool marks and various cosmetic singularities. Some may be obvious and some you may need to look closely for.

If you receive one of these lights and decide that it does not meet your expectation then you can either lower your expectations or simply send the light back for a full refund. I won't offer an exchange for probably obvious reasons. (please don't abuse this offer)

Like all of my Ti lights, the Makai is designed to be sealed from the environment and external pressure but I make no claim or suggestion that it is a dive or underwater light.

Thanks guys!

* shipping is via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Global Priority mail. If you wish shipping via an alternative method, or signature confirmation or insurance on domestic shipments only, please specify in your e-mail order. If you want insurance, I will also add the expense and option of signature confirmation to your shipment.
    Last edited by McGizmo; 09-21-2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Makai Head back in stock
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Default Re: Wave of Makai 6V (2x123)

Email sent
    My Lights__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Hi again,
    I want to add that I have a baker's dozen of these already assembled and ready to go. I have no idea what the initial response or demand for these will be. I am low on 2x123 paks at present but there are plenty that have been on order for a while now. No ETA on them and if demand exceeds what I have on hand, there will be a delay before this wave can resume with the Makai 6v -2x123 complete light.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Flashaholic

email sent for a Makai 6V -2x123

Thanks,
    Chao

Enlightened

e mail sent

I'll take one, Makai 6V head
    Collecting is all about what you don't have

Email sent

and Don!
    Last edited by Light11; 09-21-2010 at 01:23 AM. Reason: paypal

Flashaholic*

Email Sent

EDIT:
    Last edited by ~Deicide~; 09-20-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Email Sent. Thx

Email sent

Enlightened

Email sent.
    Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light -- Norman B. Rice

Enlightened

Email sent.

Email sent!
    My way : From Maglite and drop-ins over Fenix & Co to the real things - Customs and Titaniums!

Email sent. Thanks

Wink2 Re: Wave of Makai 6V (2x123)

email sent...If I can't get just the 2x123 pak and light engine alone at this time I'll take the Makai 6v -2x123 complete light.
    Last edited by karlheinz3; 09-21-2010 at 04:39 AM.
    Karl H. Riedel III. Realtor and a WHOLE lot more!

It's all in the timing - Don posted this right when I started cloning my 500 gb laptop HD (8 hours later it was done) and it looks like the heads are pretty much spoken for...

I'm out of funds in my PP account anyway with what I owe for some projects. Timing!

Looking forward to getting one of these in 2 months. Already have 2 of the 2x123 clicky paks....

Enlightened

Paypal sent. Mahalo.
    Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light -- Norman B. Rice

Hi guys,
    I still haven't processed all of the requests and do need to get some more assembly done in order to do so but should be able to get these out today.

One thing I failed to comment on was the identification of a 6V LE. I think it will be clear to you guys getting them and I should probably take pic and get it posted for the "record". At any rate, I have used orange and black lead wires to the LED which you can see looking down through the reflector. On the back end, I have painted two nail polish dots instead of a single one and I have engraved 6V crudely into the contact PCB which you can see. Obviously the harm is not in putting one of these LE's in a 3V host but putting a 3V LE into a 6V host!!!

Don, does the 6v head produce any usable light at 3v?

Any estimate on lumen output?

Thanks!
    Trees don't grow on money either.

Just about to ask same thing like souptree. Will this LE be good on a single cell?
    Lights were once incandescent. And halogen bulb were great

Hi guys,
    Not having any clue as to how the 6V would perform on a single CR123, I did the obvious. I screwed one on a single cell pak and turned it on. There was light. I would need to confirm with the designer through my intermediary as to what overhead the converter might place on the LED but it appears to the naked eye to be essentially in direct drive. There are no levels to choose from and I would guess this is based on the minimum Vin of 3.6V I was informed of before. The converter probably needs 3.6 V to have its controller function and provide various levels of PWM. It might be interesting using a Li-Ion single cell and seeing how long one would have level selection and at what output strengths.

The amount of light that came out was certainly useable. I won't guess at what flux it might be nor will I guess at the flux of the Makai 6V running in regulation on 6V. It would be over 200 lumens on high but as to where above this, no idea. My integrating sphere can not accept the Makai head effectively.

So, it sounds like, if you were lost in the woods with a 2x123 Makai, a 1x123 Clicky Pak, and a single 3V cell, and your main batteries died, you wouldn't be left completely in the dark.

Hi guys,
    I am now temporarily out of the 2x123 McClickie paks. I will advise as soon as I have more on hand.
    Thanks!

E-mail sent. Thanks!
    LunaSol 20 :: AlTiN Titanium Draco :: Surefire E1B :: Fenix TK11 R2 :: Fenix L0D Q5 Premium :: Inova X0

Flashaholic

Email sent , Paypal at the ready.

Thanks.
    Last edited by wolfy; 09-23-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Flashaholic*

I Received The Light This Morning.....All I Can Say Is WOW. This Has Definitely Exceeded My Expectations, Much Smaller Than I Thought It Would Be Too.

If You Dont Have One Of These Yet, You Are Definitely Missing Out.

WOW that was fast. I was first to order one and I will be last to receive. It usually takes between 2 to 4 weeks to receive a package in Canada from the US? I have found Royal Air Mail (UK) to be the fastest at about a week. I'm know my wait will be worth it, I've never been anything but happy with a McGizmo . I'm looking forward to everyone's comments, beam shots, and reviews while I wait

Thanks
    Todd
    My Lights__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by McGizmo View Post
    Hi guys,
    Not having any clue as to how the 6V would perform on a single CR123, I did the obvious. I screwed one on a single cell pak and turned it on. There was light. I would need to confirm with the designer through my intermediary as to what overhead the converter might place on the LED but it appears to the naked eye to be essentially in direct drive. There are no levels to choose from and I would guess this is based on the minimum Vin of 3.6V I was informed of before. The converter probably needs 3.6 V to have its controller function and provide various levels of PWM. It might be interesting using a Li-Ion single cell and seeing how long one would have level selection and at what output strengths.

The amount of light that came out was certainly useable. I won't guess at what flux it might be nor will I guess at the flux of the Makai 6V running in regulation on 6V. It would be over 200 lumens on high but as to where above this, no idea. My integrating sphere can not accept the Makai head effectively.
    Excellent news. That means I can pack a dummy cell and have an emergency backup light out on the trail. That's like a 2 gram insurance policy. I was really hoping for that answer.... If anyone wants to do a 1x123 runtime test on a 2x123 head, I would surely appreciate it.

Several years ago, I had a SureFire U2 tailcap fail on day 2 of a 9 day backpack. Without the long runtime of that light, we were going to be screwed for batteries, since we did most of our hiking at night and packed light. Fortunately, I managed to pilfer the twisty tailcap from the M4 which saved the day, but ever since I pay a LOT more attention to redundant backup and replacement options.

I will generally pack an extra PD Mule head in case I have a failure in one of the PD heads out on trail. The Mule head is so light it's a no brainer to throw it in as backup.
    Trees don't grow on money either.

Flashaholic*

How About Some Eye Candy..

Flashaholic*

This Thing Runs Perfectly Off Of An AW 17670. You Have To Take The Outer Label Off Though. I Have Ran It About 45 Minutes Now With No Reduction In Brightness.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast