Jetflame/Torch with simple bic as cartridge

diamondback

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I've been searching for a whil for a jetflame lighter where you can use a normal lighter(bic, cricket,... standard size) as a cartridge. I think this have the best of both worlds, but I can't find a nice one. The only one I found is this, but not really what I'm looking for: http://www.hobbico.com/tools/hcar0755.html

hope someone knows a brand that makes them

fyrstormer

Banned
The one you found is the only one I've ever seen. As far as I know, they drain gas through the fill-hole in the bottom of the lighter; the burner at the top of the lighter is calibrated to release gas too slowly to produce a stable blue flame.

EDIT: Maybe I mis-read the link you posted. Is this more what you're looking for? http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/8868

Getting your butane packaged inside a plastic lighter is horribly inefficient, btw. The fuel inside a Bic lighter would get used up by a torch in a couple minutes. Buying the big canisters of butane fuel is both more economical and better for the environment.

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried few of them gas runs out faster that you can finish what you started, and they don't live long, plus flame would not stay constant, after 1 min or so it was jumping, i don't even remember brands, all crap.
what is not crap are the ones that have their own gas tank, but those can be expensive, another thing that i tried and still use, is radio shack butane soldering iron besides soldering tip it also has torch tip, and it fits a lot more gas than bic lighter, it also smaller than all of those torches.
most if not all gas soldering irons have torch tips, radio shack one cost $20, i also had more expensive and better quality iron pyropen made by Weller. but it broke, cheap one from radio shack still works, for a year already,

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one you found is the only one I've ever seen. As far as I know, they drain gas through the fill-hole in the bottom of the lighter;
no, those lighters are disposable, they don't have fill hole at the bottom.
few that i had used normal top valve but had their own piezo igniters instead of tuning the flint wheel

diamondback

Newly Enlightened
I'm searching for something that has more the look and feel of a normal butane torch. Guess most of them have their own butane tank