Cree 800 lumen rechargable flashlight on eBay

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to LED flashlights, new to 18650 batteries okay I found and purchased a few different types this flashlight and batteries and chargers.

I'm impressed with that I got would you please tell me what you think about about what I think.

The first light was the
ITP polestar A6 I like it cause it's a well made light that uses AA's. It's okay but now I think I know more.

The next was a
Cree LED 800 lumens flashlight SR5
this is a great light it was that I had to change the battery I could not recharge it without a recharger.

Next Cree
LED 500lm rechargeable K8 this is also a great light it has a built in charger for the car and one for the home, not as bright as the SR5

Last was the
Cree Q5 LED flashlight 800lm 3 modes handlamp torch. This is just like the K8 only brighter.

All the lights but the polestar cost under $25 most at $20.00.

for now I like the Cree Q5 but something brighter and smaller will come along,

I have the strobe okay it's a life saver but I turned on the light in the middle of the night and my wife was ready to beet me over the head with it.

Please sell normal flashlights you know like low medium high and brighter still no strobe. Sell the strobe to someone who needs it and that is less than 5% of the market.

What do you think

Thanks

Newly Enlightened
I have heard that the
Aurora WF-800 Q5 1-Mode Cree LED Flashlight (7.4V~17V)is the best low cost long thrower (200m plus)
How does your Cree LED 800 lumens flashlight SR5 compare to that? Is it a thrower does it have a lot of spill. Have you tried many DX lights? I Have not tried to buy any ebay lights as the items are not reviewed comprehensively.

Intersting to hear everyone's thoughts.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I turned on the light in the middle of the night and my wife was ready to beet me over the head with it.
Please only use your big lights outdoors.

Get a smaller light that turns on at a reasonable low for indoors. Such as 4sevens Quark Mini AA2 - 3 lumens > 36 lumens >180 lumens - always start at 3 lumens. Then your wife won't get too upset. And do not play with it. The strobe is hidden but if you play with it the strobe will show up. Fenix makes some lights that do not have strobe, usually the less expensive ones.

alightinthedark

Newly Enlightened
Thank you,

I learned my lesson's fast LED ninja, small lights only indoors and every time I go to harbor fright I get a small LED flashlight with 3 AAA batteries for free every time I go there so I have plenty. There wonderful light that last forever and they do not strobe.

Must say that I'm really hocked on the cheap China small high powered LED that you find on E-bay. Which is really my basic questions. How good are the ultarfire surefire style type of 6" flashlights, using 1 18650 With a Cree Led. How true are the sellers claims of 8,9, and 1000 lumen or more?
Please tell me what you know?

O yes please tell me what would happen if I used an 18650 3.7V with 2600MaH or higher instead of a 18650 3.7V with a 2400Mah battery in a Cree Q5 or an MC-E LED type of flashlight.

I would like to thank every one in hear as there is an impressive amount of talent in your ranks, I've been impressed for a long time as a reader.

thank you all.

lovecpf

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire is the premium US company that makes lights for the US military. Theirs lights are not just built to military standards. They are actually teated by the US military to make sure the lights meet the standards. So Surefire lumens are accurate.
-
Most of the MeTooFire are companies that can not afford to test every model they make and still sell at the low price they do. So they go to Cree's website and copy the biggest number they can find. Some out and out lie with a bigger number so they look more impressive over the internet.
-
If you go through the stickies at the top of LED flashlights you will come across this measurement by MrGman:
DX_MC-E High_____________385__turn-on,__________1_18650 LI
DX_MC-E High_____________345__warm____________1_18650 LI
DX-MC-E Low______________150__warm____________1_18650 LI
-
My estimate for an XRE is 100 lumens for a P4 bin to 150 for a Q5 bin.
So a 3*XRE is 300 to 450 lumens.
How good are the ultarfire surefire style type of 6" flashlights, using 1 18650 With a Cree Led. How true are the sellers claims of 8,9, and 1000 lumen or more?

A little bit more runtime. It won't get any brighter.
O yes please tell me what would happen if I used an 18650 3.7V with 2600MaH or higher instead of a 18650 3.7V with a 2400Mah battery in a Cree Q5 or an MC-E LED type of flashlight.

-----

Hijack
Please don't pull up an old thread from 2007 (your 3rd post) unless you are actually discussing the light in the thread.
And before you hand out all those lithium batteries at Christmas, sit the recipients down and teach them how to Using Li-ion cells in LED flashlights safely
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/235164
/Hijack

Latest posts