Black Moon LTD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tritium. Let's see what you have. Post Pics

Default Re: Tritium. Let's see what you have. Post Pics

Maybe a little off topic, These pictures of Trits, Are these just simple pictures? or are you letting for very long exposers? I just recieved my first Trit in Ice blue 3mm x 24mm and I can hardly see it in a dark room. Its no where near as bright as the ones in these pictures......

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by scott011422 View Post
    Maybe a little off topic, These pictures of Trits, Are these just simple pictures? or are you letting for very long exposers? I just recieved my first Trit in Ice blue 3mm x 24mm and I can hardly see it in a dark room. Its no where near as bright as the ones in these pictures......
    usually long exposures, or assisted with blue filters or uv light source

a 3mmx24mm ice blue should stand out well with dark adapted eyes, if it is really dim it may be old

but wake up in middle of night and it should be quite noticeable across the room
    posted by jh333233
    Dont cheat me, im expert in using crap light

Well it's been a while but my love of Tritium has not fadded here are some new and an old fav piece. Again people show us what you have. Let's set up a tritium trading group, let me know what you think.

Last edited by malakye666; 07-16-2012 at 11:29 AM.

Still working on the design. my first order of Tritium only had one of any given color so I could check them out. Hence Rainbow Ring.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by GaminKWB View Post
    Still working on the design. my first order of Tritium only had one of any given color so I could check them out. Hence Rainbow Ring.
    This look amazing! How are you making the ring?

Quote Originally Posted by slgoodson View Post
    This look amazing! How are you making the ring?
    Thanks. The ring is 3D-printed black plastic. My understanding is its the same material as LEGOs. Been wearing it every day and no damage to the trits yet.

Quote Originally Posted by malakye666 View Post
    That looks great...who made it?
    Last edited by Jumpmaster; 03-31-2013 at 02:27 PM.

You've got some great stuff here!
    Below a few of the things I've made so far:

And a few still in development:

You can find my work at:
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/innovo
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/InnovoDesign
    Last edited by Innovo; 06-20-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Unenlightened

I just ordered from Shapeways haven't gotten them yet but great samples to choose.

Web link removed. New member posts will be monitored closely for web link postings to rule out spamming/shilling. Not saying that this is one of those.

Bill
    Last edited by Bullzeyebill; 09-11-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Just ordered a new 6 shooter all ice blue to replace a lost one (devastated !!!). In my opinion it's the best of the Trit fobs. Please post pics of your favorite trit fobs. Also i'm trying to find a trit supplier that sells large pieces aprox 50 x 3-4mm.
    So come on show us your Trits.
    http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5392/lowtouchup.jpg
    Last edited by malakye666; 05-20-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Love my six shooter

Nice!!

Designed and printed version two of my Tritium Ring.
    Thread Here

I've been in the dark most of my life. I've never seen of such art or craftsmanship. I'm envious.

I've been working on some tritium rings, over the last six months or so.

It started with Ring III, an unwearable lump, designed to be printed in silver and hold 18 2◊8mm vials. The band is 4mm thick and 12mm tall.
    I never took it past the initial prototype stage for obvious reasons. Sections of carbon fibre rod were used as placeholders for the vials.

This evolved into the Ring VI, which uses the smaller and more available 2◊6mm vials, a theme continued through all my later ring designs.
    The ring is printed in silver and with a band that's only 2mm thick and 10mm tall, it's a much more wearable item.

However, the problem with using tritium and to an even greater extent screws is that they canít be scaled up and down easily. The last two rings have an internal diameter of 23mm, or a US 14 ring size, which is much larger than an average person would want. Scale the ring down so that it is a US size 8 or 9 and the relative sizes of the vials and screws would dominate the design, or not be able to fit at all. So I set about designing a simpler and more easily scalable ring, made as a single piece, which became Ring IX

For this ring, the vials are installed from the front then set and protected by a thick layer of Norland 61 adhesive. The ring above offers very little protection to the vials which was always a concern. This was also printed in silver.

This was also my first ring, designed to reflect as much of the vial's light as possible, out of the front of the ring.

After getting some feedback on the deign, I reduced the height and thickness of the ring's band further.

While designing the ring above, I played around with alternative designs and different ways of mounting the vials.
    The next two rings have their vials installed from the top and both have added protection for the vials while not requiring to be potted like Ring IX.

Ring X has vertical bars, which protect the vials from impact while allowing as much view of the vials and their reflections as possible from multiple angles. Printed in silver.

Ring XI is my latest tritium ring, with a horizontal, vial protection bar, which adds more surfaces for the vial's light to reflect off. This one's printed in titanium.

Last edited by Tofty; 07-18-2014 at 05:31 AM.
    Pictures of most of my work can be found on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/pages/Tofty/418361674867785