Is my RayoVac 300 lm lantern switch normal?

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
I just received a Ray o Vac 3xD 300 lumen lantern and the switch does not work consistently.

Sometimes it works like what I assume is normal. Click once for high, then again for low, then again for off.

Sometimes I have to press the switch a bunch of times to get it to turn on, then it seems to cycle to low then off ok.

Not much rhyme or reason as to when it will not turn on on first click.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks all!

Justin

ishmael

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like you got a bad one, I would exchange it, that's definitely not usual at all.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine functions fine, you should return that as others have stated. My lantern will only let me go to low if I press the switch again almost right after turn on. Otherwise it will go to off from high, but that doesn't bother me and is probably normal.

Kremer

Enlightened
Mine functions fine, you should return that as others have stated. My lantern will only let me go to low if I press the switch again almost right after turn on. Otherwise it will go to off from high, but that doesn't bother me and is probably normal.

That's normal.... once it is on for a short period of time the next press turns it off, instead of cycling to the next mode.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
Mine does this sometimes, its a minor annoyance vs the major one of sending it back... Guess I will live with it.

Brian

Latest posts