BlackBerry, Windows Mobile or Android

sbebenelli

Enlightened
I'm thinking about getting a new phone. The three phones I have available to me are BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Snap (Windows) or Motorola Milestone XT720 (Android).

My first thoughts are I want the Android. The problem is I text alot and this phone does not have a keyboard, it's all touchscreen.

What's everyones thoughts between BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, or Android? I've never used any so I have no clue what to get.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking about getting a new phone. The three phones I have available to me are BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Snap (Windows) or Motorola Milestone XT720 (Android).

My first thoughts are I want the Android. The problem is I text alot and this phone does not have a keyboard, it's all touchscreen.

What's everyones thoughts between BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, or Android? I've never used any so I have no clue what to get.

Any of 'em will do you for texting, but here's the breakdown I've seen:

Office/business integration of the phone (done by the boss): Blackberry
Fun apps and lots of stuff (My roomie wrote one of the early voice-dial-with-bluetooth-headset apps): Android
HTC: Pretty good all-around phone.

Look at what you do now and what you'd want to do - do you have a smartphone now?

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Any of 'em will do you for texting, but here's the breakdown I've seen:

Office/business integration of the phone (done by the boss): Blackberry
Fun apps and lots of stuff (My roomie wrote one of the early voice-dial-with-bluetooth-headset apps): Android
HTC: Pretty good all-around phone.

Look at what you do now and what you'd want to do - do you have a smartphone now?

I do not have a smartphone now. I would want to use the phone for alot more than texting.

PapaLumen

Enlightened
Android. I think there is a new version of it which is even better coming very soon. Im waiting for that with an HTC.

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Android. Smart phones are now the vector of choice for malware. Androids are very configurable. My wife brought one home a few days ago and very quickly we were able to reconfigure it to use a very secure SMPT server and our favorite filtered HTTP proxy. It's all about control...

Burgess

Flashaholic
. . . . we were able to reconfigure it to use a very secure SMPT server
and our favorite filtered HTTP proxy.

Hello Sub_Umbra --

I think there may be an android Smartphone in my future. :)

(If it matters, i use Verizon as my wireless provider.)

I very much want to avoid Malware.

However . . . .

I must admit not understanding *anything* in yer' comment above. :confused:

Could you kindly explain that, in very specific, (and easy) terms ?

Feel free to pretend that i am real stupid ! :)

Thank you for your help and advice.

Latest posts