Topless Luxeon

Reboot

Newly Enlightened
Had a little accident with a Dremmel Tool today causing a Luxeon to become separated from it's plastic cover. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Actually I just loosened it with the Dremmel Tool. Curiosity did the separating.
The LED die looked pretty much intact. I wondered if it still works.......
tlux01.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifYep.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i did the same thing to an r2h mounted on a mm+ sandwhich, but with a drill! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

it was completely destroyed though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can apply a small current say 10ma across the Luxeon and see how it goes. I am not sure what will happen but I know that the top has nothing to do with heatsinking.

Vince.

dukeleto

Newly Enlightened
you could have put the subject title as just "topless", you'd have had even more views /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Oliver

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I did it (deliberately) to a white 1W on a BB400 module, hoping for some UV. It still lit fine with no dome and was a very annoying blue which did fluoresce some stuff. I ended up needing the module, so never had a chance to try it on scorpions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Larry

Reboot

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AilSnail said:
Looks like a beautiful color. Was it like that before it got decapped?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was just plain ol white... same as my ARC-LS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif