3 Cell Mini Maglite

sgtgeo

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am new to this forum and need some info. I KNOW that at one point there was an extention tube that converted a Mini Mag into a three AA light. I believe it came with the extention tube and a new bulb. i have searched this forum and the internet and cannot find it. If it is still made how would this work with one of the LED drop in modules

THank you
Geoff

arioch

Enlightened
sgtgeo:

I, too, have seen these extensions for sale in the past. They were being sold by Brigade Quartermaster in the early 90's, IIRC. However, I believe that they have been discontinued, and are no longer being sold. Sorry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had actually started a thread on this very subject a while ago. Located here.

BTW, welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of these tubes. Bought it ages ago before I even knew Surefires exisited and wanted something brighter than a regular minimag. I will try to post a pic of it later.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Keep you eyes open on B/S/T. CNC Dan will be offering the AA "battery boosters" there sometime next week. Look for a thread about the "STOP light".

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
They were called the "Maximizer" and "Super Maximizer". They were made by TacStar which later became a forerunner in pistol and revolver laser sights. They are long discontinued. I still have both and even though they came with "special" pin bulbs, they aren't worth a darn as far as extra brightness for the MM, (MAYBE 25% if that!). The extensions though were very quality and matched the MM's precisely. I've made a 4 AA MM out of the two of them and am running a Opalec NewBeam in it. As mentioned above DSpeck and others have made AA extension tubes.