thanks to all you enablers out there

blacksmithtech

Newly Enlightened
I have to stop checking out this web site - Got my SF G2 last nite, I also finished the 3-cr123 to 2D Mag mod. The wife doesn't understand why I'm playing in the back yard lighting up the house! You are all to blame. Now I have to start looking at those LED mods.... hmmmm....

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find out more about this 3-Cr123 to 2d mod you speak of?

I have an old 2d Mag laying around and it would be nice to do something with it.

Thanks.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
It requires the correct size pipe(s) or hose(s) to get a decent centered fit of the 123As inside the D M&g (a C Mag is nicer overall). 1" plastic pipe gets you down to C size, somewhere around 5/8" heater hose slitted fits 123s pretty good. It is not clear to any of us why the C M&g is better, just that in many/most cases it is... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Then I think a longer spring with a tighter end is required. (although I have a Lith AA taking up space) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Then place a M&g Whitestar Krypton for 5 cells, or a KPR112 from Radio Shack into the light, centering it up as much as possible.

Lastly, you MAY want to put some Writeright film, or Belkin film (same effect but less so) to get a beautiful smooooooooooooooooooth beam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
I see. So it's pretty much just figuring out a good way to keep the batteries centered and replacing the bulb.