Streamlight SL-20XP/LED

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello. I have been away from this forum for awhile. I just saw the ad in Police Magazine about the Streamlight SL-20XP/LED. You guys have probably already talked about it up and down. Anyway, can I just get this lamp assembly and put in my old metal SL? I assume I cannot because you would need two switches. Also, has anyone heard about a mmetal SL-20X/LED coming out? I am not a big fan of cheap plastic lights for police work.

MikeF

Enlightened
I am surprised that there hasn't been more discussion about these. You can do a search for SL-20XP/LED and it will show the discussions so-far. The link with the most info (still very little) is here: Link

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike, thank you for the link. I searched here under "SL-20XP/LED" earlier and found nothing. I couple minutes ago I searched again and found only the posts from you and me. I did look at the link you posted and now I see why my search didn't find it. I also posted information on "186 Thousand" and the Calibre Press Forum. The only change I have made to my old SL-20X is to install the SL-35 lamp assembly. Maybe they will make both a metal SL-20X/LED and an SL-35X/LED in the future and I can get the SL-35X/LED lamp assembly installed in the SL-20X/LED. If not, maybe I will get one of the plastic ones in the future. It would make a good flashlight for the wife being lightweight plastic and all. I assume it will use the same charger as the SL-20X, etc.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I checked Streichers in Plymouth, MN today, but no SL-20XP/LEDs in stock. They did have Mag-Lites on closeout. A four C cell was $13.88. I am not sure that it is a great price, but it is probably an okay price. They are at www.streichers.com