Extension for HA C2?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Is there an single CR123 extension in HA grey for the Surefire C2?

alantch

Enlightened
TnC offers them here http://tncproducts.com/hp_zencart/i...sult&search_in_description=1&keyword=extender. Check with them direct for availability instead of relying on the numbers available in their webpages.

Another option is the extender for the Jetbeam M2S, seen here with my C2. The ano match is very close as far as I can see, although I'm not sure if it's type III or II.

P1020697.JPG

recDNA

Flashaholic
HA Natural you mean?

The A19 was never officially produced in HA, only Type II black. I have an A19 that was stripped and re-anodized in HA-Nat many years ago. One of the CPF'ers did a one-shot batch and my black A19 came back HA-Nat :D

I believe Oveready is the one doing these nowadays. :)

http://www.oveready.com/surefire-parts/extenders/cat_30.html

Yes thanks they are! I'm afraid for $44 I'm going to go with a Solarforce instead though. Just too much loot. Too bad.

Paladin

Enlightened
A while back I bought a greenish grey "A19" clone from Lighthound, but when I looked today they were no longer shown on his site. Maybe shoot him an email and ask if he'll get them again. That said, the item from TNC looks like what I got from Lighthound.

Paladin

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Enlightened
Optics Planet do the black A19 for $22.

I was after one for my 9P but the shipping to the UK is more than the item costs:sigh:

It's gonna have to be a ebay clone for me as well.

Steve.

Roger999

Enlightened
Optics Planet do the black A19 for $22.

I was after one for my 9P but the shipping to the UK is more than the item costs:sigh:

It's gonna have to be a ebay clone for me as well.

Steve.
Never bought from optics planet before but you could try email them and ask if it is possible to ship via first class international since it is a small and low cost item, first class international is $5-$10 for shipping I believe(unless it's a big item).

ateallthepies

Enlightened
Tried exactly that Roger but all I got back was an automated reply stating the shipping policy.

No bother though as I have ordered a Lumens Factory E0-9 and a couple of AW 17500's and see how that goes:)

Steve.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a M1X/M2S extender. It does fit perfectly on Surefire C tailcap threads, however, the light does not turn on! The extender does not make contact with the body edge.

PS: The JET extender has anodized threads. Maybe unanodizing they work!

Last edited:

alantch

Enlightened
Dioni, the edge of the tail end of the body has to make contact with the inner ledge in the extender to complete the circuit. Make sure these 2 surfaces are clean and without ano and touching each other when tightened down. Mine works fine on a C2 and 6P.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I emailed them as you suggested and never even received a reply! I'm glad I wasn't trying to get service from them. What kind of an outfit are they?

TnC offers them here http://tncproducts.com/hp_zencart/i...sult&search_in_description=1&keyword=extender. Check with them direct for availability instead of relying on the numbers available in their webpages.

Another option is the extender for the Jetbeam M2S, seen here with my C2. The ano match is very close as far as I can see, although I'm not sure if it's type III or II.

P1020697.JPG

alantch

Enlightened
Chris the owner of TnC has always been prompt to my enquiries in the past. Perhaps he's just caught up with work and projects at the moment. Perhaps a followup email may help? Best of luck with your search.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine works fine on a C2 and 6P.

alantch, I screw using more strong and it made contact. The light is on! :)
I had tried it only once with a 9P and other two Leef bodies and had not worked, but now worked with the 9P. :thumbsup:
Thanks for helping me try it one more time because I had already given up.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a pity it didn't work with my leefs, especially the 2x18500 HA Nat. :(
A pic to confirm.

9P + M1X Ext + 2x17670 + P90
9P%20%2B%20M1X%20Ext.JPG

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the earlier Leef bodies had contact problems, so that might be what it is. The threads were made too short on the first batch, and maybe some of the second.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the earlier Leef bodies had contact problems, so that might be what it is. The threads were made too short on the first batch, and maybe some of the second.

Indeed. I've been comparing the tailcap threads lenght. The Leef looks be around 1-2mm shorter.

Leef%20vs%209P.JPG

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, well that's it then, same problem I had. Here's a comparison I did once with a problem body.

The later Leefs had the correct tail thread length. That particular Leef in the picture would only light up with a Z48, but not with a twisty or Z58.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm just going to watch for a bored C3 in BST thread. In the meantime I'll use a Solarforce L2. I've got both sized extensions for it.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast