FCW-8 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 6/2/11 - 6/5/11

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
party.gif
FCW-8 Flashaholics Camping Weekend! NJ, PA, NY + AREA on 6/2/11 - 6/5/11
wink2.gif
FCW-8 Flashaholics Camping Weekend :grouphug:

FCW-8 is the 8th Flashaholics Camping Weekend, which is open to just about anyone who would like to attend!

Born out of the popular Photon Fest events, the FCW events have become an extreemly successful series of flashaholic fun themselves. Due to the overwhelming fun times had by all at the past events, we have decided to make the FCW a bi-annual event if at all possible, with one springtime weekend (usually May/June), and one fall weekend (usually early October). Here are the details of FCW-8.

WHEN: JUNE 2nd - JUNE 5th, 2011 (Thursday-Sunday)

Check in time on Thursday 6-2-11 is no earlier than 1pm. Check out is on Sunday 6-5-11 by 12pm.

Daytime average temp for that weekend is 75 and average night temp is 53. It's cool enough to enjoy a campfire, and less buggy than the hot summer months.

:drool: Bonus!! It's a new moon weekend, which means no visible moon. This will make it very dark up there, perfect for our lights, and it offers amazing star gazing!

:candle: So three nights, or if you can only make it for one or two, that's fine, or if you don't want to stay over night, then you can come and hang out, stay for some campfire cooked hot dogs, and leave whenever.

WHERE: After a very positive response from our first event at this location, we are back at Stokes State Forest. I've reserved what may be the best sites there which can handle our needs, group sites G & H.

Here is a link to the Stokes State Forest home page: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes.html

Here is a link to the whole park map: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/maps/stokes_forest_map.pdf

And here is a link to the group sites camping area: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes-haskins-map.html

For anyone not familiar with Stokes State Forrest, it is more than 16 thousand acers big, and one of New Jersey's premier state parks. Our sites should be perfect for our event, giving us privacy from other campers, yet still keeps us within a reasonable (walk able) proximity to the modern flush toilet equipped bathrooms, showers, trash dumpster, and fresh water faucet.

Stokes offers many hiking and biking trails, fishing lakes and streams, and a ton of beautiful scenery. Check out the home page for more info: www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/stokes.html

WHO: While this event is created for CPF members, family and friends are always welcome. But no pets are allowed at our sites.

COST: :broke: It's only $20 per person for the whole weekend! Yes that's right, only $20 for three nights/four days of camping! Everyone is responsible for there own food/drink.

Don't want to stay overnight, no problem, come join us for a day, and stay till it gets dark, have a hotdog over the fire, and don't forget your flashlights! Day / evening visit (not overnight) - $8 per person.

I don't do this to make money, so if there is money left over it will be put towards buying a new tarp or for firewood / fire starters, or something for the camping trip, just as I have done in the past.

EQUIPEMENT: :shrug: If you don't have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99, or buddy up with someone who has a tent. And of course you'll need to bring a flashlight! Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. The $20 secures the reservation and payment of all the camp sites, and parking.

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING: :drool: No worries, although they do not have a small "general store" located at within the park, there is one just a few miles down the road from the park entrance.

SPEAKING OF TOILET PAPER: :cool: Don't worry they do have clean modern flush toilet bathrooms with running water at the park, and they are within walking distance to our camp sites.

CELL PHONES: Yes, cell phones work fine from the camp site.
WHAT TO DO: :popcorn: Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc., we just might play with some flashlights! LOL We could go on a hike, or better yet a night hike (just don't go and get lost this time... you know who you are! LOL

:drunk: Stokes is a state forest, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed... officially. So, if you really want a drink, please do it very discreetly, and just know that if the park ranger does catch you, he might ticket you or ask you to leave the park.
:whoopin:

For a whole bunch more information and some pictures from the first six FCW's check out those threads.

:caution: Please note that space is limited, and to assure your reservation you need to send me the $20 per person ASAP. And besides, I have already layed out the money for the full reservation and I would like to get it back before it showes up on my credit card. :eek: Please do so by sending me a PM here on CPF, and I will PM you back with either my snail mail address or my paypal address, so that you can secure your spot for what will surely be an awesome weekend!

--Tim (KartRacer31)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
This post is reserved for any important future announcements. :drool:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sign me up...let me know when you want the money.

I have two extra tents to sell...if anyone is in need.....and a slightly used reclining chair...with more test time by Stan and Eric than I've got in it!!
I stopped at Cabelas on the way home and bought another tent...I was impressed by Stans tent...and a different folding chair.
(1) tent $25...used once
(1) tent $75...used twice
(1) lay back chair....$25...used by Stan

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-8 campout as of 10-5-10.

If your name is on this list in GREEN it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

ALSO - WHEN YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL, PLEASE USE THE "GIFT" OPTION, SO THAT PAYPAL DOES NOT TAKE OUT ANY FEES, AND I GET THE FULL AMOUNT. THANKS

I'll continue to update this list in new posts throughtout this thread.

:caution: OK for everyone who wanted to go to FCW-7, but couldn't, now you have almost 8 months notice for FCW-8. Sign up and put it on your calendar now!

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 2

--waiting for confirmation or payment--
Lighthouse one
carrot
Stan671

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-8 campout as of 10-6-10.

If your name is on this list in GREEN it means I have received your payment, and you have a reserved spot for the campout.

Please PM me for either my snail mail address or my pay pal address to send payment.

ALSO - WHEN YOU SEND THE PAYMENT BY PAYPAL, PLEASE USE THE "GIFT" OPTION, SO THAT PAYPAL DOES NOT TAKE OUT ANY FEES, AND I GET THE FULL AMOUNT. THANKS

:caution: OK for everyone who wanted to go to FCW-7, but couldn't, now you have almost 8 months notice for FCW-8. Sign up and put it on your calendar now!

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 2
Lighthouse one -1

carrot
Stan671
and everyone else :candle:

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm certainly planning on showing up... I had a great time at Stokes last time and look forward to doing it all again...

Another wooden spoon, guys?

Stan671

Enlightened
I really liked the Stokes State Forest location with the two sites providing both a wooded area and a large open field.

Put me down for two people. PayPal has been sent.

Bill, feel free to sent off a few Diet Coke and Mentos splashes if you want to. If I don't make it to the next PF, then you can keep it or bring it camping next year.

Last edited:

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
I just saw this wonderful thread,it is really good job.Thanks KartRacer31 for your interesting activity.Althogh i can't attend,i still get a lot of fun from your wonderful thread of Flashaholics Camping Weekend:twothumbs.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw this wonderful thread,it is really good job.Thanks KartRacer31 for your interesting activity.Althogh i can't attend,i still get a lot of fun from your wonderful thread of Flashaholics Camping Weekend:twothumbs.

Hi TITANER, Thanks for the :thumbsup:. I hope you can make it some time. --Tim

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, here is the official reservations list for the FCW-8 campout as of 11-1-10.

--PAID--
KartRacer31 - 2
Lighthouse one -1
Stan671 - 2

carrot
and everyone else :candle:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Stan and Steve, I'm glad you guys can make it! I'll catch up with you both at PF16.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well we are about 45 days out. If we don't get a better turnout soon, this will be the last FCW that I'll organize.:awman: