flood reflector needed

kamyk

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I just bought used bargain price Fa-Mi SLIM9-HID30-110
k1cejd.jpg

One of the head has a flood reflector and gives a nice flood beam.
Second one has a reflector that gives a tight beam with concentrated center, and is not good for filming, because center is overexposured.
Is it possible to buy flood reflector and change it?
Where can I find it?
Thanks for help
Kamyk

lucca brassi

Enlightened
Leave reflector as it is and put over glas some transparent milky plastic cover of right size.
You can also made some experiments cutting plastics out in shape of ''radioactive sign''

PS: you get ''bargain price'' because of W-A 18W (21W) because +/-3W . HID bulbs which goes out of
production :whistle: (protect them gently ) . On market is no such 35W bulb (these bulbs are automotive AC ) next level is 50W in your category.
Fa-Mi just like marketing like
FA&MI Tauchlampe Multistar-HID30-13 (effektiv 150W) , FA&MI Tauchlampe RAY-13 (20W Halogen - effektiv 35W),......

Just good to know what you have.

Last edited:

jspeybro

Enlightened
currently you get a nice spot because the lamp is in the focal point of the reflector.
If possible you can start by moving the lamp a bit forward or backword compared to the reflector. Then a milky peace of plexiglass or something should work to diffuse it even more.

kamyk

Newly Enlightened
They are 35W HID and I hope that don't go out of production
Thanks Guys for advice, i'll try a diffuser and/or moving the lamp a bit forward or backword compared to the reflector
Let You know