Newbie brief review & Beamshot cluster (SF L4 vs)

Rorschach

Newly Enlightened
I've never taken a beam shot before, so in the American way of overdoing it and rushing things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I gathered all the lights I had <font color="red"> downstairs</font> at the time. In order left to right: new Arc AAA, ARC LSL-S (second), old m*g 2D (dying for a mod), Brinkmann Legend LX, Surefire L4.

beams.jpg

If I had the shot to do over I would space them better, aim them better etc.

I must say the L4 is VERY impressive. I've been using it for the past several days and it may be too bright for my usual needs. But that's why we carry multiple lights now, isn't it? ARC AAA for keeping my some of my night vision and small tasks, ARC LS for general EDC needs, L4 for super bright / walking around strange territory stuff. As for heat, the much discussed topic on the L4, I ran mine about 20 minutes last night, and while the head did get very warm, I never found it too uncomfortable to hold.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Newbie brief review & Beamshot cluster (SF L4

Nice shots.

I use an Opalec for low light needs. A Lambda Illuminator for general EDC. The L4 for more demanding situations. For reach out and touch it type stuff, I pack a 5W W3U Mag mod and/or a bunch of amped Mags sporting Welch Allyn superbulbs.

Wilkey