Is the Wolf-Eyes flashlight up to mark?

GOLOK

Newly Enlightened
I know there are previous threads on this particular flashlight but I don't recall seeing any independent verification of the lumen strength and efficiency of the claims made by Wolf-Eyes.

Is it all it is cracked up to be? From the website, the specs are pretty impressive. What about its structure and engineering design? Its durability and performance under stress?

I would like to hear from those who own Wolf-Eyes flashlights and have tested it over the months.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all it claims to be.
I have one of the Wolf-Eyes and two of the PILA. The GL4/M90 is great. I carry it on duty every day. The run time is 80 minutes (tested and verified) and the light is a very bright sucker! I have the 12v lamp for it and with 4xDL123's it is a light blaster for a good 20 minutes followed by diminishing load for the next 20-25. I' also have the GL2 and GL3. I think they are great. One thing about the Li-Ion batteriy lights is that they do not dim a whole lot, they just cut out at a certain point almost without warning. This is a function of the batterie protection circuitry, it acts as if the lamp blew out. I do have an Ultrastinger, Surefire G2 & G2Z, as well as an 8NX. The GL4/M90 is the light I use all the time. My G2z is using the 3.7v lamp with a PILA Li-Ion rechargeable and it is a great package also. The machine work on the lights is very nice with just a hint of tooling marks on the bezel flutes. The checkering is fine and not all that rough. Be advised that most of the suppliers have the lights with polycarbonate lens and that both PILA and Wolf-Eyes will be shipping an upgraded version using a Pyrex style lens in the near future.

GOLOK

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, MadeCov. That was a very clear answer.

I have checked the Wolf-Eyes website. They don't seem to have any prices marked on those flashlights. Where did you buy yours?

DumboRAT

Enlightened
Sorry for hijacking. =)

GOLOK, for us airsoft enthusiasts, Wargamer's Club Shop (WGCS, URL: http://www.wargameclub.com/WGC_Shop/) is quite popular.

You'll find it under their "Accessories" nav section, then under "Flashlights."

Their pricing, in US Dollars, does not include shipping. They are located in Hong Kong. Follow the on-screen prompts to receive an individualized full price quote, with shipping.

Hope this helps!

Allen
aka DumboRAT

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pila is the same as the Wolf Eyes, you can but it here
http://www.1esa.com/

These are the USA distributors. same light as the Wolf Eyes. My experience with wargamer was that they did ship prompltly, but in the event of a problem they leave you hanging out to dry.
If you want to buy direct from Hong Kong go with PILA, great customer service and shipping.

Latest posts