Full Ti Liner-less XM-18

The Sun

Enlightened
Mmmmm....the breakfast of champions....Wheaties ain't got nothin' on this!!!
rofl.gif

What a beautiful morning! All that's left is a good stone-washing and you can stick a fork in this one cuz it's done!
biggrin.gif

wave.gif

100_3131.jpg

100_3132.jpg

100_3133.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3130.jpg

100_3127.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3122.jpg

100_3121.jpg

100_3118.jpg

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
STOP IT ALREADY! Oh my is that a beauty. My Ti-whore Hinderer fan-boy self is seriously in trouble here. Great work!!! I'll be PMing or calling you shortly to talk about those CF or orange with glow scales, or maybe one of each!!

The Sun

Enlightened
no, the blade isn't Ti, it's Duratech 20CV. It's a stock GenIII XM-18 other than the full Ti non-lock side slab. so, the blade is steel, the lock side is Ti, and the non-lock side is Ti

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
All that's left is a good stone-washing and you can stick a fork in this one cuz it's done!
biggrin.gif

100_3133.jpg

100_3127.jpg
Have you done the stonewash yet and how hard would it be for you to get the same finish they have on the Hinderer slabs into the titanium?

Don't know if you remember but I think I asked you about that a couple months back and I don't remember if we talked much more about it.

The Sun

Enlightened
Have you done the stonewash yet and how hard would it be for you to get the same finish they have on the Hinderer slabs into the titanium? Don't know if you remember but I think I asked you about that a couple months back and I don't remember if we talked much more about it.

if you look in that picture the knife is sitting on an already stone-washed Ti scale, and next to that is a Hinderer stone-washed liner. the finish is pretty much the same.

Any time brother!!! :D

:D

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
if you look in that picture the knife is sitting on an already stone-washed Ti scale, and next to that is a Hinderer stone-washed liner. the finish is pretty much the same.
What I was wondering was if you could make the same jibbing as the plastic slabs have?

The stonewash on the Ti slab looks great.

The Sun

Enlightened
if you mean the texture on the surface, then no. i won't make the same texture as Rick's. that's his texture and he sells his scales with that texture on them. i don't want to step over that line.

i can put other types of texture on them though.

thanks brother :)

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
if you mean the texture on the surface, then no. i won't make the same texture as Rick's. that's his texture and he sells his scales with that texture on them. i don't want to step over that line.

i can put other types of texture on them though.

thanks brother :)
In that case I'd really be interested in seeing what your carved finish would look like on the Ti... :popcorn:

The Sun

Enlightened
:)

the organic texture is awesome in Ti. i've got a couple of them done, just have to get pic's of them up. :D

The Sun

Enlightened
No, don't have a scale, but not much. I don't find the difference to be very noticeable while carrying or using and it still balances in the same place.