Almost bought another E1

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to a gun show today. Have been noticing more and more lights being sold there each show. Anyways, one table had a bunch of SF's. There was an original style E1 in black for $41 but I passed. Should I have got it? I have one in HA [or GM?] and was going to give this one to father-in-law for his birthday. That black really looked ugly to me. It was NIB. Instead I got some SF 123's, they were $2 ea. Was that an ok price? I got 5 for spares as I don't use my lithium lights that often.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
$2 each for SF 123's is not bad. It is cheaper to order direct from SF if you order in large quantities ($1.25+5 dollars shipping).

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the 123s. I think you did well considering your needs. From SureFire the cost is $20 for 12, including postage. From Arc you can get DP batteries at 5 for $13, including postage.

Paul

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the E1 goes, it's a matter of taste. Don't like the way it looks, don't buy it. I don't like the E1's either.

I think $2 a battery is too expensive, but if you don't use many of them, it's not much of a loss. 123's from Battery Station's CPF page are $1 each plus $6 shipping. It was $56 for 50 batts. The batteries from Surefire's web site are a good deal too. As long as you don't buy just one box. Shipping is free for orders over $99, so if you buy 7 dozen, the price is $1.25 a piece.