AAA Premium question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
If I were to buy two AAA Premiums' from the Arc website, would I automatically receive the new ones with the anti-flickering upgrades? I think they have the conductive grease and something new in the head or some such thing. I guess I want the latest and greatest if I am to buy a couple. thanks. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
Here's a quote by Peter from his thread "We have a few v3.2 Arc-AAAs in stock" dated 8/18/03.

"We have a few v3.2 Arc-AAAs in stock. We will send these out first before we send out more v3.3s. The difference between the two units is the location of the inscription and the carbon grease treatment (under the roll crimp).

Just an FYI. If you want to specify a certain version, just add a comment to your order in the comments field on the second page of the order form."

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks Gyver,
You don't think it would be a problem to specify that I want the newest version? Just makes sense to me to have the newest version. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
dtsoll,
Your Welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, I don't think it will be a problem. Peter is giving you the option of choice. I just got one of the new 3.3 version ones sent to me by ARC as a replacement for one I received DOA. It has the new inscription. I didn't specify, so he may be just sending the new ones out by default. But to be sure you get the new 3.3, specify it.

Pete

dtsoll

Enlightened
Pete,
How do you like the new version? Is yours a Premium? These things are the cats meow if you ask me. I am down to one left so it is time to add a few more. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
I'm not too crazy about the new inscription. It is done well, but I prefer the more discrete old style. The new style reminds me a little of cheap advertising keychain items. But even so, the AAA is such an awesome light, I'll get over it. And whatever it takes to keep ARC in business and making flashlights is good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Mine is a standard edition. I've never had a real PE/LE, except for a "seconds" LE that I bought as a dud because it is dim. I put a standard head on the LE body, so I guess I sort of have one now.

I own 4 AAAs standards. I only use one of the them. I wear it 24/7 on a neck lanyard and it gets used about 90% of the time I need a light.
The other 3 are spares. I tend to buy spares of my favorite gadgets. Don't like to be without them in case of loss, damage or warranty work.
I also have a turquoise, that I bought for the added cool color factor.

The AAA is my #1 favorite light, followed closely by my LS Hybrid second. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
There's another thread about AAA's suddenly conking out and it looks like the failed lights were all version 3.3. Pete, was your DOA light a 3.2 or a 3.3? I'm wondering if version 3.3 might have a bug that needs fixing.

I also like the 3.2 lettering a heck of a lot better than the 3.3 lettering. I probably ought to buy a spare 3.2 while there's still some out there, but I'm in conserve cash mode these days.

gyverpete

Enlightened
paulr,
My DOA one had the old inscription, so it was either 3.1 or 3.2 I hadn't heard of 3.3 bugs. Time will tell.
Originally, I bought only one spare but when I found out about the new inscription, I went and got the other 2 spares. The old style is more dignified for a light of the AAA's caliber, IMO. When the AAA gets even better due to technological advances, I hope the threads and head size stay the same so I can stick the new head on the old body. I'll call it....FrankenARC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
I hope Arc is successful enough that it can eventually buy out Mag, just to fire Tony Maglica and go back to the old style lettering on the Arc AAA. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just FYI,

I like the beam on my old -LE best, slightly better than my
3.2 AAA-P.

And the new inscription v 3.3 grows on you! I don't mind it at
all, though I did rush out and order a v 3.2 premium as a back
up to my LE because I thought that I liked the old style
inscription so much better. Now it's no big deal, and I may
give my 3.2 premium as a gift this Christmas. Or I may not.

Just my $.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.